When she walked in, Di Jiufeng was standing underneath a cotton tree, the eternally-blooming crimson flowers complementing her vibrant robes, a sudden bewitching sight. Di Jiufeng had heard everything. Thinking about it carefully, other than her, the only people Ning Guang had come in contact with recently were the array spirit and lingering desire.

[T/N: Literally “the crimson flowers tangled together with her vibrant robes”.]

Then where did this demonic energy come from? Who out of them could it have been?

Ning Guang met her eyes. Seemingly having guessed what she was thinking, she said steadily, “A-Feng, don’t think about it so much, do you remember what that array spirit said? A descendant of Chi You took away the key. That place was a morgue, very cramped and narrow, it wouldn’t be strange if demonic energy lingered for thousands of years without dissipating. I probably picked up the demonic energy in my body there.”

The more Ning Guang tried to hide it, the more Di Jiufeng thought it strange. She was already sure that this demonic energy came from her, but she was not a demonic cultivator, why would there be demonic energy inside her?

Di Jiufeng kept thinking that she had missed something, some fatal thing which could pierce straight through to the bottom of her heart.

But what could it be? She could not think of anything, so she could only trace back her tracks bit by bit.

A raging blaze burned in the fog, boiling the thick mist into smoke, spiraling away into the atmosphere. The blurry and unclear world finally showed its true form, light piercing down from high above, finally allowing the ferocious beasts hiding in the darkness to bare their fangs.

Di Jiufeng thought she had seen something, but at that moment, Shen City swayed, and then flew off into the distance under no one’s control. She staggered because of the sudden shaking, thrown backwards by inertia and forced to grab onto the tree behind her.

“Ning Guang…”

“It wasn’t me.”

She shook her head and looked out with Di Jiufeng, but other than the grey smoke rapidly sweeping by, nothing could be seen. Di Jiufeng sensed that something was wrong. She poured all her spiritual energy into Shen City, but though it slowed their movement, it did nothing to halt their overall momentum.

Shen City continued to slowly yet resolutely sweep off into the distance.

“Ning Guang, is there anything you can do?” After trying for a while, Di Jiufeng felt her own efforts were in vain, so she turned to look at Ning Guang.

Ning Guang pressed on her Shifu’s hand, still having the heart to run her nails across her palm at this moment.

Di Jiufeng’s face went red, even her heart beginning to tremble. “What are you fooling around for?” Seemingly annoyed, yet not, seemingly angry, yet not. Not only was there no force to be found in the slight upward tilt of her eyes, there was even an indescribable hint of allure.