Ning Guang caught her again, and pressed her back against her chest. “A-Feng, what are you running for? You don’t want to take responsibility?” Her clear and melodious voice sounded like a guqin in Di Jiufeng’s heart, playing the tune of a phoenix seeking its mate. She did not speak, only lowered her head and giggled to herself in Ning Guang’s arms.

[T/N: The ‘feng’ (凤) in Di Jiufeng’s name means ‘phoenix’.]

The warm sunlight spilled down, raising a golden halo on the two figures.

Crimson and white robes folded together like twin lotuses on a single stalk, blooming like wildfire. They were too intimate, that poignant affection making it so that no one on the beach wanted to disturb them. Gradually, all the people at the harbor scattered, leaving only the two holding each other.

She had come to the harbor to teach Ning Guang to fish, but now, Di Jiufeng didn’t feel like doing that anymore.

She didn’t want to watch the fishing rod. She only wanted to curl up in Ning Guang’s arms and count her heartbeats one by one. The fishing rod was placed to the side. No one was watching it, but a fish had taken the bait. The fishing rod shook, and Ning Guang casually swept it up, a leaping fish delivered into the basket, splashing her all over with water.

“A-Feng, is this enough?” Ning Guang asked.

Di Jiufeng was just about to reply when she heard a spoiled-sounding voice shout from far away. “Wretched woman, who let you hug my benefactor, get out of here!”

The moment Ji Liuran opened her mouth, the System let out a ‘beep’, and said, “Congratulations, honorable host, mission completed.”

Hearing the System’s words, Di Jiufeng instantly realized that she had been tricked. She did not waste any words on the System, only pulled Ning Guang closer and said, “That resentful ghost knew Ji Liuran would come, but it refused to tell me. It definitely resents me.”

Ning Guang believed her without hesitation. She gathered up her demonic energy and poured it towards the System.

A towering wave of gloomy demonic energy swept over, making the System feel death pressing down. It shook, then kneeled down with a plop. “I was wrong I was wrong, I’ll never do it again, I only wanted to annoy my honorable host a bit…”

Ning Guang laughed coldly, the sound like frost in the dead of winter. “You wanted to annoy A-Feng?! What do you think you are?! You dare anger my A-Feng! Do you not want to live anymore!”

The demonic energy coalesced into a blade, its tip slowly dragging down the computer chip.

She was completely merciless, carving a crack in the chip with a single stroke. Sparks flew, and thin arcs of electricity flowed over the chip.

The System was really about to die. Fear overflowed, making its entire chip tremble and shake uncontrollably. Cries of terror flowed out from its mouth but could not penetrate the barrier made by the demonic energy, choked off near the source.