ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓕⓘⓕⓣⓨ

I pulled Kayla out of water and pushed her out before getting out myself. I called for Daniel to help me, but he was not there. Did he leave already?

"Daniel!" I called again.

"He had already left," the siren replied.

"What? When?" I asked.

"Seven days ago," she said.

"The fuck? How long had it been?" I asked shocked. Seven days? How? It barely felt like two hours.

"Fourteen days," she replied and my eyes went wide open. Fourteen? "Your mate visited daily for seven days and then he mentioned something about making him pay." She continued. "He probably meant the vampire prince."

"Fuck! No, Kayla, wake up," I said and started shaking her. She had to wake up. It was cold but I barely cared. I had to stop it. I had to stop Daniel. The war!

I heard screams and groans. "what is happened?" I asked the siren and then the water changed and reflected a battle scene. Fuck. No!

I saw Daniel as he shifted into a wolf form and attacked Paul. Hundreds of wolves and vampires were at it as well. What the fuck did he do?

"Daniel, no! Stop!" I screamed at the top of my lungs but to no avail. "Daniel!" I screamed again. Tears escaped down my eyes as I saw blood. He was bleeding. I could feel physical pain at that.

The body next to me stirred and I looked at her. "Wake up! Kayla! Wake up! You're my only hope!" I screamed.  I was shivering in both cold and fear. I couldn't imagine losing Daniel for some stupid war. I shook her body and her eyes slowly opened. She had pure golden eyes. It made me look at her more. She had brown hair that fill to her waist and pale skin. He body was quite petite and her eyes were pure gold.

"Who are you?' she asked and then she started coughing. "Long story, short, I am your cousin, my mom is Layla and everyone died and then mom had me and I am a witch. I had a dream. I own your powers. My mate and yours are fighting and I can't lose Daniel, please you have to help me." I said.

She didn't seem to process anything from what I said and I didn't blame her. I was not making any sense either. I was talking none sense. I sounded like a crazy teenager who had a nightmare and was trying to make sense of it at this point. No wonder Daniel didn't believe me.

She seemed to zone out for a bit. "Human sacrifice," she said. "I died but then someone sacrificed a human and I was turned into pure gold instead. I was frozen for years."

"Exactly! Wait! Human sacrifice?" I asked shocked and she nodded. "Julia..." She recalled as she put her hand on her head.

"I am the peace maker," she said and I nodded. "And there is war," she said probably catching on what I was trying to say and again she nodded.

"What are we waiting for then? We have to stop this," she said as she stood up but soon fell down again. Shit! She was not used to this.

"Jump on my back," I said and she looked at me shocked. "Just please do." I repeated and she blinked a couple of times before she nodded and got on my back.

I followed my senses and where they took me and ran with her on my back. I had no idea where the energy and the strength came from, but I wouldn't let Daniel get more hurt. I won't lose him. He is mine. He is my mate. Yes, he acts like an idiot sometime but he still is my mate. I love him so much. He always made sure I was safe and sound. He always made sure I was happy and healthy. I won't let him be hurt. It's now my turn to pay him back for defending me like he always did.

"Mr. Thompson and Ms. Forrester, if I ever catch you doing that again, I will personally make sure you stop, and where were you yesterday?! You are in so much trouble! Ms. Forrester, I didn't expect that from you at all. Your attendance is one of the best, and we thought about rewarding you, but you let us down," He said and I couldn't help but look down in shame.

"I'm sorry, sir!" I said looking down trying to hold my tears.

Some people may think of this as silly, but I didn't, I couldn't. My marks, grades, attendance, education were all I had to make my parents proud. I didn't care about the present, but I felt my mom and dad looking down at me.

"Why are you talking to her like that?!" Daniel growled. I couldn't stop him. I put all my energy in holding back my years.

"It's none of your business, mister!" Mr. Knight, the teacher stated.

"It is mine, as long as Leah is involved. I am the one who made her skip, so why are you scolding her not me?! I don't care about you, or who you are, you made my girlfriend cry and that's it!" Daniel said and I felt him moving.

A tear escaped my eyes as the memory. Daniel. He risked it for me. He talked back to a teacher for me and that was by no way the only time.  He held me whenever I felt uncomfortable. He supported me whenever I needed support. He stood by my side whenever I needed. He had his downs yes, but what doesn't. He had his moment of doubts, yes, but it was just because of his love for me. Even if it gets too much sometimes, I still love him.

"Baby!" I said as I hugged him trying my best to calm him down.

"How dare he?! He says that I am not treating you right, huh?! Well, who does he think he is to judge?! You're mine. I love you, and you love me, and not because I was the only option you had right?!" he asked and I was shocked. I have never seen Daniel like that. He was always confident, sure that I loved him back. But now, he was asking?! Well, I grew up to only Daniel, but I was sure that I would love him even if he wasn't the only option

Stupid Daniel, didn't know I would always pick him. And now I, for the first time, had to save him.