ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓕⓞⓡⓣⓨ ⓢⓘⓧ

My eyes went wide open as I breathed heavily as I shoot up. I looked around and my breath started evening once I realized where I really was. My room. I slowly stood up but almost ended up falling.

"Hey, easy," I heard Daniel's voice saying. I looked at him and then immediately remembered what happened right before I slept? Wait, did I sleep?

"What happened?" I asked as he came to support me and my wait. My legs felt really sore.

"Easy, alright? You have been out for three days straight, give yourself a break," Daniel said as he held me close and helped me into bed.

"Three days? No way!" I said shocked. "I have a lot of stuff to do, Daniel. I have to start searching for her body and then stop the war. Daniel, I have a lot to do, I can't rest for more. Three days are long enough. I-." I was cut out by him.

"Shh, first of all, you're not going anywhere till you have your full recovery meaning four more days," he said. "No, Daniel, I can't, you don't understand," I said shaking my head.

"Then explain to me, what happened so you would scream in pain and pass out in my arms? What happened so you would go to a coma for three days straight? What made you clearly this nervous as soon as you woke up few minutes ago? Explain," Daniel said and I could clearly see the pain in his eyes. He hated seeing me in pain and it pained him, but I was. I was in so much pain.

"I'm sorry," I whispered as I looked at him. "Daniel, I am a witch and not a usual one. My mom ended up being the reason that every other one died and one of them is a cousin of mine and she was Paul's mate. I have her power which is the thing that attracts mates together, so he thinks I am his when I am not but she is."

"What are you saying? You were not born when the attack happened at least based on what your mom said," He replied.

"I was not, but just believe me. I know what I saw," I argued. "I don't know how but I know it's true and I saw it all, Daniel." I said shaking my head.

"But that's basically impossible," he said.

"Only a couple of days ago, me not being human was impossible, and only a couple of weeks ago, you being here was impossible," I replied. "Just trust me, I know what I am saying."

"But it doesn't make any sense, are you sure you were not dreaming?" He asked and that was when I looked down.

"Maybe I was," I said with a sigh. I know I was not. I remember it all. I was not, but it hurts. He doesn't trust me and I won't try to prove it myself right. I will show him how wrong he is, even if I have to do it myself.

"Yeah, just please, relax, I will call your mom and dad, okay? They will be elated to know that you're awake now," He said and I nodded with a small smile. It hurts that my mate didn't trust me and just thought it was just a dream. I wished that I wouldn't have to do this on my own, but it seriously seems like I have no other choice which hurts. but I will bring her back and won't let the war happen. Paul deserved his mate and that mate is not me, but her.

"Leah," My mom said as she walked into the door. I smiled at her and then she hugged me. I hugged her back and immediately felt warmth engulf me. "Thank God, you're okay. I was so worried about you."

"I am okay, mom," I said trying to assure her as I rubbed her back. Dad took the two of us in a hug and I smiled and hugged him too. I loved them so much. They were always there for me, supportive with every decision I made. I never found myself alone because of them.

"We are really glad you're okay," dad said and kissed my forehead. "I am sorry for working you so much," I apologized.

"No, it's definitely okay, you were recovering, how do you feel though?" Mom asked as she pulled back and looked at me.

"Not much difference," I said running my hand through my hair and noticed that it has gone a couple of shades lighter, almost like platinum.

"Well, you have actually physically changed. Your hair is now platinum. Your eyes have gone a shade lighter, still amazing though, and you have grown some healthy weight too," Mom said. "And also cheeks," she said as she cupped them making me giggle.

"By the way, Mrs. Forrester," Daniel started.

"Just call me, Layla," she corrected and he nodded. He looked at me and then said, "Leah says that she had a cousin who died and then when she was born, her cousin's powers went to her somehow. Could that be possible?"

I don't know if he was trying to show me I was wrong, or actually curious to know so be would help, and give me a chance but I didn't like it either ways.

"Well, powers and energy can't be destroyed, but it can't be possible that it stayed for five years without being taken and changed and transferred. Our powers are wanted as it is," she said and I pouted. "But it happened. I saw it," I said.

"I don't know, honey, maybe it was just a dream, or maybe it was something else," she said. She didn't believe me too... I wish she would and tell me how to help. "Who is it though? Maybe she is still alive."

"This is Kayla," she explained. "She was the daughter of the second princess, and to put it simply, she is your cousin. She was the one mated to the vampire. Her powers are the one calling to his." She said and then I watched as she was brutally killed.

"Kayla!" I replied as I recalled. My mom's eyes went wide. "Kayla?" She asked. "Tamara's daughter." She said as she put her hand on her mouth.

"She is dead? And how did you even know about her?" She asked.

"What about her?" I asked. "What's so special?"

"Kayla was believed to be the upcoming peace maker," she said. "our blood and powers bring peace, Leah, but to certain extent. Every hundred years, a baby is born, he or she has unlimited power that can only be used in peace. If she is dead, that means that the peace of the world is gone for a hundred years, or what's left of them. Her powers serve the peace."

If only you believed me... Now I have to bring her back, and find a way to give her her powers back. We have to stop the way, and till that we is fulfilled, I have to stop the war.