He springs from the bed and pulls me from the bed towards the door. "Slow down," I scold him. "What's the rush all of a sudden?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "no reason. Just want to get out of the house and figured since its a nice day why not go. Plus I'm actually getting pretty decent at riding and I'm not as afraid as I was before." He was rambling. Dimitri isn't one to ramble. What is going on?

He is practically dragging me out of the house. I only had enough time to yell bye to my parents and hear my mom respond with how we would see them later. Dimitri never let go of my head till he was shoving me in the car and once again checking his phone. I was about to take his phone and hide it from him. 

Dimitri slams my door shut and jumps behind the wheel. He zooms down the road heading to the barn. I reach my hand out and link my fingers with his. He brings my hand to his lips and kisses me then returns our hands his his thigh.

Today really as a great day to go riding. The heat wasn't as bad as it had been. Maybe after we ride I'll be able to convince Dimitri to help me give Renegade a bath or at least help me with hosing him down. Then we could sit in the field and let him graze. 

When we got the the barn the place reminded me of a ghost town. The only other cars were Vanessa's and Randy's. Dimitri brings the car to a stop and turns the engine off. He steps out and around to open my door. I step out of the car and we walk hand in hand to the barn. We enter in through the club house and go directly to the stalls. 

Vanessa is standing in the aisle grooming Corona with a saddle on the ground next to her. Guess she too is going to be riding. "Hey Vanessa," I call out to her waving. 

She returns the wave. "Guess I wasn't the only one thinking today would be a great day for a ride." Vanessa gives Dimitri a knowing smirk. He shakes his head and she returns to what she was doing.

We approach Renegade's stall and he pops his head over the half door to say hi. I rub his nose in greeting while Dimitri pats his neck.

"Ready to go for a ride?" I ask him and he nods his head yes in answer. I turn my attention to Dimitri. "You okay with getting him out while I go get everything?" 

I could have sent Dimitri to collect the heavy saddle, but I wanted him to have time bounding with Reengaged. Especially since he's going to have to help me take care of him and the other horses we purchase. Dimitri and I had already agreed that we would be adding two more additions to out herd. I had plans to convince him for more. My goal was to get the guys and Aubree into horseback riding.

"Yeah I got it baby," Dimitri says already entering the stall with a halter in hand. I love seeing him so comfortable around the horse already. 

By the time I return Dimitri has Renegade in the cross ties and was whispering in his ear. "What are the two of you discussing," I ask walking up.

Dimitri springs away, "nothing." At my raised brow he adds. "The conversation is between Renegade and me. Right boy," he asks and Renegade nods his head up and down in agreement. Great my boyfriend if turning my horse against me. Dimitri rubs his hands together. "Alright let's get going we are burning daylight." 

I glance at my phone and see that is was only around two in the afternoon. We have plenty of time the sun won't set till much later. "Okay." I tell him not sure on how to respond to his odd behavior. 

Dimitri helps me brush and tack Renegade. By the time we are done Vanessa is already in the arena. I make Dimitri lead Renegade into the arena and I follow next to him. Vanessa was walking Corona around the parameter warming her up. We head to the center and stop.

"Already cowboy in training up you go." I tell him checking the tightness of the girth. 

Dimitri again checks his phone. "Why don't you go first this time and ride with Vanessa. I know your going to miss riding with her."

Since there was no arguing with his logic I jump into the saddle and join Vanessa. We walk our horses around the arena allowing them time to warm up their muscles. I break away from walking next to her to cue Renegade to trot. I glance over at Dimitri and when I catch his eyes he smiles and waves at me. His phone chime and Dimitri answers it. He has a hushed conversation with whomever is on the other end.

"Sky I have to take this. I'll be right back," he calls out to me while leaving the arena not even waiting for my answer. 

I continue my ride and right as I cue Renegade to canter I hear familiar male voices. I take a quick glance to the side and see the guys standing at the fence. Once I complete a couple of circles one direction and then the other I slow Renegade to a walk. The horse is hardly breathing heavy and won't need a super long cool down.

I walk him a few more circles around until his breathing returned to normal and then turn him to the growing group of people. Last time I had looked over only the guys were standing there. Now Aubree, Harper, her boyfriend Jack, Randy and my parents were standing there. Even Vanessa already was dismounted from Corona and standing there holding the horse.  

I glance over at Dimitri and he was white as a ghost and sweating bullets. My fear was that he was over heating and was going to pass out. He takes a deep breath and on surprisingly steady legs makes his way over to where Dimitri and I were standing. Movement out of the corner of my eye catches my attention and I notice all the girls have their phones pointed in my direction. 

By now Dimitri is now standing next to me. He places his hand on my knee drawing my attention to him. "Dimitri as much as I enjoy seeing everyone what is going on?'

He raises his love filled eyes to me. "Skylar. We've always been on this broken road our paths constantly overlapping. Keeping each other the closest of friends. Today I want to fix that road with you by my side. Skylar will you marry me and help me to continue to be the best man I can be for the rest of my life?"

Tears flow freely down my face preventing me from answering right away. All I could do was nod my head. 

"Baby I need words," he demands squeezing my leg.

I finally find my voice. "Yes I'll marry you." Everyone cheers in excitement. Dimitri takes my shaking hand and slips the ring onto my finger. 

I bend down and kiss him. Renegade stomps his foot reminding us of his presence. We separate and I dismount from the saddle. Renegade knocks me with his head directly into Dimitri's arms.

"Baby haven't you already fallen for me?" Dimitri asks laughing. I roll my eyes at him and pull him down for a kiss.

"I love you," I whisper against his lips.

"Not as much as I love you." He brushes my hair out of my face. "You have no idea how happy you've made me today. My fiancé. I love calling you that." 

"And I love being called that." When did the two of us become so cheesy? I couldn't stop smiling. 

'Hey stop making out with my bestest best friend. I want to give her a hug!" Tray demands. 

We both look over at him laughing. Seeing my new family members interacting so easily with my friends and family brought a happiness to my heart. I couldn't wait to see what happens next. My eyes rest on Aubree and Ryder noticing how they were doing everything in their power to not acknowledge the other. I do believe the next adventure has already started. 

I had a hard time writing this. Not because I had a writers block, but because I to wasn't ready for this ride to be over. But now it's time to buckle down and get onto the next one.  I will still continue to write from Dimitri's POV. Sorry its been awhile since I wrote from his eyes. Like I said I promise I will finish it. I know how frustrating it can be to start reading something and the author never finishes it. I hope you will join me on the next adventure. Please continue reading to see what it is.