𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘪𝘯; 𝘦𝘮𝘮𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘴𝘰𝘯

It was light footsteps but Y/n heard them. Emma was away on a project so it was just her and Amalia. They weren't her footsteps either. She knew there was someone else in there with her. She grabbed her phone; throwing the covers up she quietly made her way behind the door. 

She was waiting for the footsteps to pass her door. She needed to make sure Amalia was safe. she was all that mattered. Her bedroom door creaked open, she slammed it back in the person's face. She screamed for Amalia to call the cops as she felt the door slam into her. 

She was willing to give up so easily; she stood up and grabbed at the leg of the person in her room. They hit the ground with major force. The person kicked her off, standing up sloppily. She too, stumbled to her feet clutching at her bloody nose. 

The person pushed past her running out of the room. Presumedly they were leaving once they heard there was someone else in the house ready to call the police. Once Y/n got herself back together she ran towards Amalia's room. She was under the beed hiding. 

"Amalia, it's me. A-are you okay?" Y/n called out. 

"Baby, is everything okay? What's going on? Baby?!" Emma's voice filled the room. Amalia called her mother instead of the police. "Amalia!" 

Y/n stumbled to the ground reaching out for Amalia's hand. "They're gone, tell y-your mom they're gone."

"Mommy, they're gone. Mommy, momma's bleeding." 

"Baby, give her the phone," Emma said, her voice full of concern. Amalia handed her the phone, she fell onto her back, gripping tightly at the phone, bringing it up to her ear. 

"Hey."

"Babe, what's happening?"

"So-someone broke in. We're okay." Y/n moved her hand to clutch her nose, it began to ache again. "I t-think my nose is broken, but that's okay. Amalia's okay." 

"I'm coming home," Emma muttered. "I'll be home soon." 

"Hey, we are okay. Don't speed," Y/n said. Amalia crawled out from under her bed, going towards the bathroom. She came back a minute later with a rag, handing it to Y/n. "Thanks." 

Y/n sat up, Amalia sitting down beside her. Y/n wrapped an arm around the younger girl bringing her into her side. "We're gonna be okay," Y/n whispered. She didn't know if it was for herself, or Amalia but she still said it. She looked down at the black haired girl. She must've gotten it from her father. 

"Yeah," Amalia whispered. She was smart for her age, she got that from her mother. It felt like forever before Emma got there. 

"Y/n? Amalia?" She called out. She pushed open Amalia's door a little seeing the both of them. Y/n's head was back against the end of the bed. Amalia was asleep next to her. "Oh my," she whispered, kneeling down to Y/n. "Your nose." 

"It's fine," Y/n reassured. "I promise."

"Babe it's all down your shirt," Emma said. "Did one of you call the cops?"

"No," Y/n muttered. "Sorry." Emma hugged her. 

"Don't be sorry. At least you're okay, that's all that matters, that both of you are okay." She pulled away from Y/n, kissing Amalia on the forehead. "I'm glad."

"Me too."