Chapter 17 - Kei

The weekend flew by and it was your first day at school with Tsukishima being your actual boyfriend. Nothing really changed, he was still his sarcastic self, but just knowing that he was all yours made you so happy. You told some of your friends like Kageyama and Yamaguchi. You haven't told Yudai yet, you felt like you should tell him anywhere other than school.

You were told that the prelims are going to start next week. You wondered if you were going to play against Nekoma. This time you were going to tell Kuroo that Tsukishima is now your boyfriend and hopefully there will be no more trouble with that stupid blonde being jealous.

"Shortcake." you heard a voice behind you. It could only be one person.

"Yeah?" you blush at the fact he still calls you that nickname.

"Wanna eat lunch together?" he asks.

"We always do anyway?" you laugh.

"No I mean alone." he avoids eye contact.

"Oh... sure!" you both found an empty classroom to eat in and stayed there. You both ate your lunch in silence. At one point, you felt full and just gave him your cupcake.

"It's not strawberry shortcake but it's dessert." you put it in his bento.

"Thank you." he smiles cutely for once.

"That was cute." you giggle.

"Shut up." there was a short pause between the both of you. "Do you want to come to my house after school?" he suddenly asks.

"Sure." you twiddled with you fingers under the table.

"You can meet my parents this time." he tells you, startling you because you've never met a boys parents during a relationship. "They'll probably love you, Aki already does."

"I hope so, haha." you nervously laugh.

*Skip to after school*

It was finally time to meet his parents. You realised you haven't even told your own about him yet and you're already meeting his. You just hope everything will go well.

His mum opened the door and showed a bright smile. You see where Tsukishima got his looks from, she was very beautiful.

"Oh hello! You must be Y/N! It's lovely to meet you!" she excitedly greeted you.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Tsukishima!" you bow your head respectfully.

"I'm making dinner now would you like to join us?"

"I would love to, thank you." you smile.

"Thank god Aki told me about you, otherwise Kei would have never told me! I would hate for him to keep such a pretty girl a secret." she says while preparing the food.

You and his mum keep chatting while Tsukishima just watches you and his mum become best friends. After dinner, he asks you to go upstairs with him and you reluctantly agreed as you wanted to keep talking to him mum.

"Tsukishima what's the rush?" you tease.

"Call me Kei from now on." he says pulling you into a hug. The warmth from his body radiated around you. Being in his arms made you feel so safe, like nobody could hurt you.

"Y/N." he catches your attention.

"Hm?" you look up at him, the height difference was comical. You weren't that short but he was unbelievably tall.

"I love you." his face turns red. You could feel his heart beat as your body was pressed against his. After you process what he just said, your heartbeat caught up to his. Your grip on his back of his shirt tightened. You rest the side of your head on his chest and close your eyes.

"I love you too Kei."

Author's note: this was just a quick chapter to let you know that the next chapter i will be skipping to Karasuno vs Shiratorizawa (1 bc a character in there is important to my story 2 i'm not writing a bunch of filler for each game karasuno play hahaha i know u guys are just waiting for something juicy to happen). also thank u guys sm for reading this i didnt really expect to get 10 reads nvm 2k+ and thank u SO MUCH for the votes (if u like the story plz vote) and last of all thank u for the comments i read them all and they make my day. if anyone's still reading this ily haha