Chapter 12 - Date

Finally, it was the weekend. You've barely been concentrating in your lessons on Friday, the anticipation for your date with Tsukishima was killing you. Everytime you would think about him, you'd feel warm and fuzzy inside.

You woke up extra early to get ready and take a long bath with your "Special Day" routine... exfoliation, hair mask, shaving... all that jazz. You constantly checked the time to make sure you weren't late. You did your makeup, not too heavily, but more effort than when you went out with Kageyama and Hinata. The outfit you put on were a cute long sleeve, F/C sweater with a collared shirt underneath. Then, your skirt and some sheer black tights with white leg warmers since it was gonna be quite chilly today. You put on some of your favourite jewellery and you were good to go. After putting on your boots and letting your mum know you were leaving you realised you were 40 minutes early and the museum was only a 10 minute walk.

When you reached the museum, understandably, Tsukishima wasn't there yet. You decided to just sit on the nearby bench while scrolling on your phone or just staring off  into the distance for 30 minutes. 20 minutes pass and you start to get agitated, you know that it was your fault for being so early but you were always the impatient type. You finally see him and you stomp towards him.

"You're late!" you shout to him.

He looks at his watch. "Actually, I'm 8 minutes early."

"Yes but that's not the point."

"How long we're you waiting?" he asks.

"Just over 20 minutes."

"Idiot. Your fault for leaving so early." he cackles. "Come on, let's go."

You both head into the museum. Usually it's free, but since there's an event you had to pay. You get your purse out.

"What are you doing?" he asks, like you were doing something abnormal.

"Getting my money?"

"I'm paying." he insists.

"It's okay, I can pay for myself."

"So you let Kageyama pay for you but not me?"

"What?" you pull a confused look.

"That time you went to the cafe with him, I overheard your conversation. Accidentally."

You remember what he's talking about. Accidentally yeah? "You must have not 'overheard' me slip the change into his pocket while he wasn't looking then."

"Oh. Whatever. Just let me pay." The lady at the counter started to get annoyed with us so I just let him pay for me this one time.

"You're so stubborn you know." he randomly says.

"So are you." you poke him in the side which makes him flinch.

*After the museum*

"I never knew you liked historical stuff so much!" you laugh.

"Shut up! It's interesting okay?" he defends himself.

"I know I know, I find it cute." you giggle. You glance at him and realise his face turned pink after that comment.

"Let's go to the cafe now." he turns away to hide his blushing face. You follow him from behind.

He abruptly stops, making you bump into him. You rub your face with one hand after the impact. You felt a hand connecting with yours as your eyes are closed. Keeping your hand across your face, you peep to the side to see that Tsukishima was blushing just as hard as you right now.