CHAPTER 21

Mrs. Kim has invited Taehyung inside her daughters house, even serving him a cup of coffee while she organized the pillows of her daughter's messy living room.

"Jisoo's at home.", she says, placing the last pillow back on the couch. She then stands straight and looks at Taehyung. "You're probably wondering why she's not home, right?"

Taehyung swallows hard, turns his face to Jisoo's mom and nods his head as an answer. "Is she... okay?", he asks as he watched Jisoo's mom approach the table, taking a seat on the chair in front of him. "She drank a lot last night. Babbling about how she is so ashamed to face everyone at work, face her uncle, face her dad...", she then looks at him closely.

"And face a certain Kim Taehyung.", she softly sighs. "It's my first time meeting you, and I recognized you right away.

Taehyung just blinks his eyes and lowers his head. "I apologize, Mrs. Kim. I'll introduce myself properly the next time we meet.", he says.

"It's okay. I know you're a good man anyway. She talks alot about you so I trust my daughter with you.", she says and smiles, then it quickly fades. "But why are you knocking on her door? Didn't she tell you where she went?", she asks.

Taehyung shakes his head. "I didn't know she had a bad day, Mrs. Kim. I'm really sorry. I made her feel bad."

"So? Did she say...", Mrs. Kim quotes. "Let's break up?", she asks, and Taehyung nods.

"Doesn't answer your calls?", she asks again.

"Yes.", Taehyung answers.

He hears the mother exhale. "Jisoo...", she thinks for awhile, so Taehyung looks up at her.

"The last time she has been this stressed was three years ago.", she says. "She gets tired from being involved with a lot of people. It makes her have an emotional breakdown.", she explains.

"She drank a lot like how she did last night.", she gets sad at the thought of her daughter. "But she'll feel better eventually.", Mrs. Kim adds with a small smile.

"I would really appreciate it if you give her some time for herself. That way, she can convince herself that it will be all alright.", Mrs. Kim says. "She'll give you a call once she feels better."

Taehyung then shows her a small smile as he nods. "I'm really sorry, Mrs. Kim.", he says.

"Hm...", Mrs. Kim chuckles softly. "No, thank you, Taehyung.", she says, and Taehyung looks at her. "You always make her smile so bright.", she says.

Taehyung then sips from the cup of coffee that already turned warm.

3 DAYS AFTER

The day finally came for CEO Kim's final trial. There were already lots of reporters and all sorts of media waiting for any family member to arrive at the Central District Court.

There were also police officers outside, including Jinyoung who had accompanied Lisa and Bambam in bringing Mr. Kim to the court.

Jisoo was the last one to arrive, trying her best to silently go out of her car and hide herself from the media.

However, she failed to do so. "The daughter is here!", one reporter who spotted Jisoo shouts, causing all of the media to crowd her. She was then trapped.

"Are you the one handling CEO Kim's case?"

"Your brother is a doctor. Which one of you will take over the CEO's position?"

"Is it true that you are close with the Mayor's family?"

"Your father pocketed billions of money. How does that make you feel?"