CHAPTER 12

"What are you going to do, Senior Inspector? Your other inspectors aren't even here to rescue you.", Seunghyun laughs at Jisoo who was tied on the chair, her lower lip bleeding and her injured hand bleedig again.

The cloth was already taken off from Jisoo's mouth.

"You have the guts to talk to me like that, do you even know how the law enforcement works?", Jisoo talks back, glaring at Seunghyun who was leaning on the table.

Seunghyun scoffs, then nods his head. "Of course!", he smiles. "You catch the bad guys.", he stands up and walks in front of Jisoo. "Well that's what they say.", he shrugs.

"You quack inspectors catch the innocent and label them as the bad one.", he puts his hands into his pockets. "You frame them and ruin their lives. Now they live in shame and only rely on people who are nice enough to understand their situation.", Seunghyun provokes Jisoo even more.

"You're wrong! You don't know anything!", Jisoo lifts her leg and kicks Seunghyun's thigh, making him grunt and slap Jisoo. "You fucking bitch!"

Jisoo breathes heavily then looks up st the man. "You think officers are like that because your dad always frame innocent people, but not me.", she raised her voice. "The cops will arrive soon. They will be able to track me.", she confidently says.

Seunghyun lifts up his brows and chuckles. "So you're the one who put my dad to jail.", he says.

"Find her phone. Strip her if you need to.", Seunghyun tells the man that worked for him and goes back to the desk and leans on it, his hand on the edge of the table.

Jisoo was then searched, hands from unknown people feeling whatever is in and underneath her clothing.

One man then takes out Jisoo's phone from her pocket and gives it to Seunghyun.

"Hmm, let's see if we can find some interesting contacts here.", he switched on the phone and takes a look at the long list of contacts who were mostly policemen.

"Rosé.", he reads the name out loud. "Such a pretty name.", he says.

"You will regret calling that number.", Jisoo whispers.

Seunghyun just glanced at her. "Find a way to shut her up.", he says.

He then clicks on Rosé's number and calls her.

-

Rosé was having a meal with her father when she sees Jisoo calling her on the phone.

She excitedly clicks the green button to answer, putting it on loud speaker.

"Jisoo Unnie! What's up with you? You rarely even call.", there was happiness on her tone.

Mayor Park just smiled and listened in, waiting for Jisoo to respond to her daughter, but Rosé spoke again.

"Dad wants to see you too. Apparently, he misses you more than me.", she giggles. "You should come visit us  tonight."

"The Senior Inspector unfortunately can't come tonight, Miss Rosé.", Seunghyun says.

"Excuse me? Who are you?", Rosé was confused, and Mayor Park's smile disappeared. He knew whose voice it was.

"I'm assuming you're some quack police officer.", he says. "I have her with me, but she'll die if she stays a little longer."

Rosé looks at her dead, worried, and the Mayor just blinks his eyes, telling Rosé that it's okay.

"I'll let her live if you arrive before sunrise tomorrow with some cash. But if the sun is already up, I will kill her.", Seunghyun then hangs up, leaving Rosé lose her appetite.