CHAPTER 5

Jisoo had come back to the station house. She was seated inside her car, looking ahead, her mind full of thoughts. She needed Jennie's help, but she was far away.

With a heavy sigh, she turns her head to the side, looking at the navy blue envelope. Jisoo then grabs it and opens it, grabs the first envelope that contains the Senior Superintendent General's documents. As soon as Jisoo reads the General's violation record, she scoffed. She was trying to imagine the unimaginable. "How is someone so high act like this...", she says and puts back the folder inside, then takes a look at the second folder.

"Choi Seunghyeun...", Jisoo tries to think hard. She was caught offguard when she hears a knock on her window, making her close the envelope and put it down. It was Jinyoung who knocked, and so she opens the door and steps outside the car.

"Did you meet with the Commissioner General already?", Jinyoung asks. Jisoo nods. "It's confidential. I'll tell you when it's time.", she says.

Jisoo didn't really have anything else to say to Jinyoung, so she took a step and was about to walk away.

Jinyoung grabs her wrist gently. "Jisoo.", she calls her name.

Jisoo looks up at the Inspector.

"Would you like to come out with me for coffee?", he asks, full of hope.

"I would really appreciate it if you let go of my wrist, Inspector Park.", Jisoo rejects his offer.

Jinyoung slowly lets go of Jisoo, and the Senior Inspector walks away.

-

Jisoo went straight to the property room instead of going to her office. The property room stored evidences and boxes of cases that were already finished.

She goes to the shelf where boxes of the copies of bail receipts were stored.

She takes out the 2017 box and goes to her office, bringing the box with her. Grunting, she placed the box on the small coffee table near the sofa.

Jisoo then takes her phone out and rings Lisa. "Inspector Manoban, come to my office. I need your help.", she says and puts her phone back in her pocket.

It only took Lisa a minute to come to Jisoo's office, and they both looked at each other.

"Can you help me find a receipt?", Jisoo asks the tall inspector who was very hesitant.

"Inside that full box?", Lisa comes closer, opening the box, and pieces of papers fell to the floor. The box was too small for the amount of bail bond receipts in 2017.

Lisa sighs. "Well... What do I get in return?", she asks.

Jisoo paused for a short moment, then looks at Lisa. "I'll buy you the pair of shoes you always wanted.", she says.

Lisa gasps. "Okay! Okay. Deal.", she nods her head and takes a seat, taking out a handful of papers and starts sorting them by month.

Jisoo just shakes her head and chuckles before she joined Lisa.

--

Taehyung was inside a cafe alone, taking a sip from his coffee as it was his break. The cafe was located at least eight minutes away from the hospital, but it was his favorite place. He used his one hour break well.

He was still in black suit, his hair now fixed, and his forehead was now exposed.

Taehyung watched a group of men, about five of them, enter the same cafe. They were loud, but their voices slowly faded upon reaching the counter.

They took a seat behind Taehyung's table and started talking.

"Hey, did you know? Inspector Park dated the Senior Inspector."