CHAPTER 18

Night came, and Jin's shift had ended, and so he went to his family's house. Their dad has been running their family's business for years, but never did force his twins to take over. Like how any other kid would do, Jin followed his dream of becoming a doctor.

The strange call has been bothering him, thinking about the reason behind it.

As he steps inside the residence, he sees that there were no cars parked in the garage, now assuming that both his parents went out.

With wide steps, he gets inside the house, throwing his bag on the couch in the living room, then proceeding to his father's study room.

Jin had assumed that it must be related to his dad's company as he was asked by the unknown caller if he was CEO Kim's son.

He then walked to the desk, switched on the table lamp, and starts reading all the documents on the table.

There was nothing fishy.

It was all the financial record statements from last year and the current month.

Jin then exhales heavily, and then he sees one of the drawers with a key stuck in it.

He then reached out to it with his hand, twisted the key to the right and slowly pulled the drawer out.

Piles of thick envelopes inside the drawer greeted Seokjin, and with slightly trembling hands, he takes one envelope. It was filled with cash, and so did the other envelopes upon checking.

Jin then flips the envelope to the back side and sees '2015' written on it, and the other envelopes had years on it as well, including 2020.

For a moment, Jin thought it was all the income his father got from running the company. But then he thought, "Isn't this too small for a big company?"

He then sees a small piece of paper inside one envelope, and his eyes were frozen open.

'COMPANY FUNDS'

Jin then had realizations, but he was still confused. "Did dad steal all the company's money?", his own question to himself made him stagger as he couldn't believe it.

He puts back the envelope inside and locks the drawer.

Jin then comes back to his room to clear his mind.

--

Birds were chirping outside, and it was also drizzling. The endless noise wakes up Jisoo from her deep sleep, and as she opened her eyes, she sees a sleeping Taehyung.

She couldn't remember what had happened last night, but she did remember getting in the car with Taehyung being the one to drive.

It was cold, so she pulls the blanket over them.

"How do you still look like a baby when you sleep?", she thought to herself, moving closer to Taehyung and cuddling with him, her eyes closed.

The small movement woke up Taehyung. "Are you up?", he asks with his deep and sleepy voice. "Mhm. Let's sleep some more.", Jisoo answers, Taehyung placing his arm over Jisoo, hugging her tight.

Taehyung wasn't opening his eyes, but he was still talking. "You're going to be late if you sleep more.", he says, exhaling loudly. "You already fell asleep in the car last night while on the way home.", he says.

"If I'll be late for work, you would be too.", Jisoo says.

"My work starts at nine today...", Taehyung opens his eyes and placed a kiss on Jisoo's forehead, making her open her eyes as well. "It's too cold.", Jisoo whispers.