CHAPTER 9

Tears were still flowing from Taehyung's eyes as he stands up, even staggering as he put his feet on the ground. "Lee Kyungho.", he repeatedly mentions Mr. Lee's name. "I have to...", he pushed away Jisoo gently. "I have to find him.", he tries to pull himself together.

Jisoo found the name he was saying familiar. She wanted to know who it was, and why Taehyung was mentioning him. But Taehyung comes first.

"Taehyung.", Jisoo runs after him and grabs him by the wrist. She looked into his eyes. They were full of pain and were desperate. Realization then hits her, and so she lets go of his wrist.

Taehyung, without any word, goes out  the station and puts on his helmet before driving away to Jungjin City.

Jisoo then runs into her office and takes her gun as well as a pair of handcuffs. She then grabs her car keys and follows Taehyung, who had already left, increasing his speed with every second as he pulls the throttle.

She couldn't leave Taehyung alone. In fact, she shouldn't. Jisoo then slams her foot on the gas and speeds up, now chasing Taehyung. While she's driving, she calls on the call option on the screen and calls Jennie.

"What's up, Unnie?", Jennie was quick to answer.

"Jennie.", Jisoo huffs. "Lee Kyungho."

"What?", Jennie was baffled. "Is everything alright? Where are you?"

Jisoo was still focused on Taehyung. "You know Lee Kyungho, right?"

"I do. He's the jerk who stabbed Mrs. Kim... Uh... Thirty-two times. Why? What about him?", Jennie says.

"Alright. Thanks, Jennie. I'll call you again.", she tries to keep her calm.

Rain then started to pour down heavily after the call, and Jisoo was now even more worried.

-

Taehyung takes off his helmet and drops it on the ground as soon as he arrives. He was soaking wet, water dripping down from his suit jacket.

"I'll come in with you.", Jisoo stands beside him with an umbrella. Taehyung only looks at her with a blank facial expression.

Jisoo then holds his hand and brings him inside Jungjin Police Station, leaving the umbrella outside.

"Hey. I'm Senior Inspector Kim from the Metropolitan Station. Is Inspector Jung here?", she asks as she lets go of Taehyung's hand.

"He's at the station morgue with the OCME. But...", the officer looks at the Taehyung behind Jisoo. "What brings you here?"

Jisoo looks up at the small mirror at checks on Taehyung. "He's a family member. I'll go to Inspector Jung. Thanks.", Jisoo then holds Taehyung's hand again and brings him to the morgue.

Jisoo then stops by the door. "I'm sorry, Taehyung. I can't bring you inside yet. The examiner is still inside.", she says and looks at Taehyung from head to toe as he nodded.

"Take off your coat.", Jisoo says, and Taehyung just looks at her. "Come on, you don't want to be sick.", she says, and Taehyung just follows.

He then takes off his suit jacket, and Jisoo grabs it from him gently, laying it on a bench near the door. She then pushed Taehyung gently so he can take a seat, undoing his necktie.

Taehyung then puts his hand on her wrist. "I'll do it.", he says, and Jisoo clears her throat, then pulling her hands back to herself. "I'll be back.", she says and steps inside the morgue.

Inside, she sees familiar faces,  medical examiner Doctor Kang Seulgi and Inspector Jung Hoseok.

"Oh? Why are you here, Sen. Ins. Kim?", Hoseok turned around as he hears the door close.