CHAPTER 3

3 DAYS AFTER

Morning came, and Jisoo just had a cup of coffee. Upon emptying the cup, she placed it on the sink and and takes her bag to work.

Jisoo has been having a hard time because of her injured hand. As much as she didn't want to be bothersome among her colleagues, she had no choice.

Surprisingly, there weren't too many heavy crimes for the past few days aside from speeding tickets and jaywalking which she found good considering her condition as well.

As she opens the gate, she sees Jinyoung leaning on his car, wearing a police jacket. "Good morning.", he greets Jisoo with a smile.

Jisoo closed the gate with her other hand, but her eyes were locked on Jinyoung. "What are you doing here?"

"Lisa gave me your address. Come on, I'll give you a ride to work.", Jinyoung says and opens the car door for Jisoo.

But she hesitated.

"Lisa, that kid I swear...", she whispers to herself and exhales. "Alright.", she says and crosses the empty street. "I'm only getting in your car because you're already here.", Jisoo takes a seat inside, Jinyoung just chuckles. "Don't worry. I won't hurt you this time.", he says before closing the door.

The ride to the police station was awkward, as Jisoo still was bothered by Jinyoung's presence. She didn't want to remember what had happened in the past, but it was inevitable. Every memory she had with Jinyoung only made her uncomfortable.

Just like any other work day, Jisoo goes to her office as soon as she arrived. Investigating, reading, interrogating and meeting with her team.

"Senior Inspector Kim.", Jennie pops her head inside Jisoo's door upon opening it.

Jisoo placed down the documents she has been reading. "Oh? I thought you left already?", she asks. "Come in."

Jennie then steps inside and closes the door behind her. "Well, how could I? Your brother has been asking me about the attempted murder case back in 2017.", she sighs.

Jisoo raised her eyebrows and blinks her eyes. "Really? He's still curious about it?"

"You knew?", Jennie takes a seat on the couch. She was no longer wearing her work ID, which is what Jisoo was not used to.

"I mean, he called me and asked about the same case.", Jisoo answers.

"Well... He told me he met the uh... the woman's son. But anyway, I told him the whole case even if I'm not allowed but he insisted.", Jennie exhales through her nose. "He said that I should brief him about the case because I left you and now Jinyoung's your partner."

"What? That punk...", Jisoo shakes her head. "I'm going to have my hand checked up later. Should I give him a lesson then?"

Jennie just giggles at her bestfriend's words, to which Jisoo did as well.

--

It was already evening when Jisoo had come to visit the hospital for a hand check up.

"Thank you.", Jisoo tells the driver and hops out of the taxi. As she held on the bag of snacks for her brother, her cellphone slides off from her bag and drops on the ground. "Aish...", she says, annoyed.

Jisoo puts down the bag and was about to take her phone when another hand takes it for her.

"Ah, thank you.", Jisoo smiles at the kindness, but her smile slowly faded when she looked up.

She immediately identified the man as one of the security guards of the hospital through his black suit, and the man was also looking at her.

For a short moment, their eyes were locked. She found him familiar, yet she couldn't remember his name.