CHAPTER 19

"What are you doing here, Dad?", Jisoo was seated on the chair inside the interrogation room, her dad too ashamed to even look at her daughter. "You're not supposed to be here.", she adds.

No one else was in the room, not even in the monitoring area.

Jisoo had asked to talk to her father in private.

"Care to explain what's going on, Dad?", she asks, slowly getting frustrated at her own father for being quiet. "What embezzlement? A hundred billion?", Jisoo was still looking at him, throwing questions. She was showing her inspector side.

CEO Kim was still not answering, his head lowered. He was fidgeting with his fingers underneath the table.

"Say something, please!", Jisoo shouts, startling CEO Kim, making him look up at her. "J-jisoo... I'm... I'm sorry... It's not...", his lips were shaking as he tries to put words together in a sentence.

Jisoo then covers her face as she tears up and bites her lower lip. She then wipes away her tears.

"Dad... I've dealt with several embezzlement cases...", she sobs. "It stresses me a lot, Dad. More than murder cases."

Jisoo huffs. "But why... Why of all people... Why is it you who's sitting in front of me right now?", she asks, and CEO Kim could see her hand curl into a fist.

"I'm sorry.", CEO Kim whispers.

Jisoo only looked at him, and then she stands up. "Inspector Manoban will be assigned to your case. For now... I don't want to see you, CEO Kim.", it took Jisoo a short while before she spoke, then heading out of the interrogation room.

Outside, she sees Lisa and then nods at her, then proceeds to an empty meeting room for police inspectors.

She closed the blinds and locks the door, then takes a seat on one of the chairs and cries.

-

Lisa then takes a seat in front of CEO Kim, exhaling softly.

"Your lawyer is on his way, Mr. Kim.", Lisa says at the sulking man.

"Will Jisoo be okay?", he asks his daughter's close friend.

Lisa opens the folder wide and then shakes her head. "I'm afraid not, Sir. She will probably be distracted the whole week until your trial.", Lisa says, and then looks at him.

The door of the interrogation room was then opened, and CEO Kim's lawyer gets inside, taking a seat beside the CEO. He whispers something to his ear, and Mr. Kim just sighs.

Lisa didn't mind this, then proceeds to interrogating her friend's dad. "Let's start. If you cooperate well with us, then this will end quickly, Sir."

CEO Kim just nods.

"It's alleged that you embezzled billions of money from Kim Company's funds.", Lisa takes off the cap of her pen as she preferred writing down whatever the suspect says instead of typing it directly on the laptop. "Can you confirm this allegation? Did you steal the company's funds, CEO Kim Juwan?", Lisa asks.

Mr. Kim then exhales loudly, glanced at his lawyer, and then looks at Lisa in the eyes.

He was having second thoughts.

"Since 2012.", he answers. He didn't want to tell lies anymore, now that it has affected Jisoo. He felt bad inside, regretting every second he wasted since the year he mentioned.

Lisa raised her eyebrows at the quick confession. Usually, people who had been accused of fraud and embezzlement under Lisa's investigation would deny it at first.