Chapter 26

I waited 3 hours after school...no Oliver. I don't know where he went or if he went the back way home, which I don't think he would do as it would take him longer to get home but I never seen him leave.

I decide to take pictures of my bruises with my phone camera, print them out without mum seeing and write down what happened yesterday.

It's oddly amazing how you can see the pattern of Mr Kyles soles, disturbing but fascinating. You can clearly see the criss-cross pattern bruised and raised on my skin.

I can't believe I was so fucking stupid. How did I not notice the notebook wasn't there when I picked up my scattered things in Science, I'm an idiot for knocking it over to begin with.

I feel so stupid.

So pathetic.

Worthless.

Weak.

———

The moment I got to class I was handed a after school detention slip.

Fuck it's from Mr Kyle.

It actually has a valid reason though, it's for leaving class yesterday without permission during a mock exam. I swear at myself for giving him a reason to keep me behind after school.

...Alone.

———

The whole day, no Oliver. Now I'm fucking worried. He wasn't in Maths and I haven't seen him with Becks and the boys.

I haven't gone to Mr Kyles classroom at break or lunch, I was too busy looking everywhere for Oliver and besides, I didn't want to go anyway. I know he's going to do something after school so why should I go in my free time too?

Damn, I just know he's gunna be more than pissed but I just want to know where Oliver is.

I told him it was Mr Kyle, he gave me the book back, he had read everything! I'm mortified, the things Mr Kyle had done...What does he think of me?

He said he was going to make it better, that he was going to help. If he went to the police they would be here by now. What did he do?

Shit, did he go to Mr Kyle? No, he wouldn't be that stupid, would he?

No if he did, Mr Kyle would have found me already and dragged me back to his classroom, not wait and give me a detention at the end of the day. But then again, I was meant to go to him at break and lunch.

God, I DONT KNOW. I don't know what to do.

I'm freaking helpless.

———

Getting dressed after P.E, I prolong my time in the changing room as long as possible after the bell, in the end I'm the last one there and Miss Becet had to ask me to leave.

I make my way to Mr Kyles and knock on the door.

No answer.

I knock again.

Nothing.

I open the door slowly and peek in the classroom. He's not here. Suddenly I'm pushed from behind into the room and hear the lock click.

Ahh, there he is. My mind said sarcastically. I can't even be bothered to turn around.

"Where were you!" He practically shouts.

"Getting changed from P.E" I said duly. He spins me around.

Shit he is pissed.

"I meant at break and lunch" he clenched his teeth, I shrugged knowing that it was a bad idea but too late.