Chapter 1

Casey's Pov

It's finally Monday, time to go and start at my new school. I'm terrified and yet excited, I just have a really good feeling about this.

As I change, I sing along to my music, getting most of the words right. I then go down the stairs in my uniform and go straight into the kitchen. I immediately smell the scent of bacon and eggs. I turn to see my little brother running towards me, I pick him up and hold him in the air for a second before putting him on my hip.

My names Casey and I'm 15 well, 16 in exactly 37 days. I have long dark brown hair that reaches my lower back, I have dark blue eyes. I'm a little on the pale side, so I'm told and I'm 5"2". Yes, I'm on the shorter side too but I don't mind really. I live with my mum and my little brother Lucas. He's 5, he looks a little like me but he has green eyes.

My dad doesn't live with us, he cheated on my mum multiple times before he left us when I was 10.

He then took our house and made us homeless, we moved to a rental house but when the landlord raised the rent, we had to move again so...here we are!

Since we moved, I had to change schools and I'm pretty nervous, it's less about the people and more about the fact I don't know where the rooms are and even now as I get ready to leave, I don't know what classes I have and when, that's what freaks me out.

I eat my bacon and eggs mum made for me and I help Lucas cut up his bacon so mum can eat. She's working two jobs just to pay rent. Now we've settled and I'm starting school, I'm going to look for a part-time job to help with money.

Once I was finished, I realised the time was 8 o'clock and I needed to be there for 8:10 because the head of my year group said he would give me a tour around the school. I kiss mum and Lou (short for Lucas) on the forehead and I head out when mum calls for me. "Don't forget your lunch!"

Oh fuck, I mentally slap myself on the head and run back inside to grab it from the counter.

"You'd forget your own head if it wasn't screwed on" she laughs.

"I know, thanks mum" I said and I walk to school.

=============================

Just a really small starter chapter about the character herself.😁

Thank you for reading, don't forget to comment, like and review, my lovely readers💜x