𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

"B?" She heard her best friend from through the door, "Hey-uh - what are you doing here?"

"We have movie night tonight, remember?" Bianca muttered from across the wooden frame.

Suddenly the door flew open and Sarah's blonde head peeked out from the small crack, "Get in here," She whispered harshly, before tugging Bianca in by the wrist.

The girl's eyes widened when she saw none other than John B leaning back against Ward's couch, his shirt lifted up slightly to reveal a large gash against his torso. Sarah immediately went back to his side and began dabbing at the wound with disinfectant.

"John B?" Bianca scoffed, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion between the two, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Uh- hey, B," The boy waved back awkwardly, "Good to see you too-"

"I found him," Sarah cut him off quickly, "The cops were after him."

"So you brought him here?" She crossed her arms over her chest, "What- did you rob a bank or something?"

"Um," John B mumbled unsurely, "It's probably better if you don't know."

"What are you- like a fugitive, JB?" Bianca narrowed her eyes.

"I don't know- more like a refugee or something," The boy shrugged, his face screwed up in pain as Sarah cleaned him up.

Bianca's rolled her eyes, huffing out a short breath, "S, can we side-bar?"

"Side-bar?" John B mumbled, "What the hell is a side-bar?"

"One sec," Sarah gave the boy a tight smile, putting a bandage over his wound before coming over to the corner of the room, "Why are we side-barring?" She said lowly.

Bianca glanced hesitantly over her shoulder, "What the hell are you doing hiding him here? Your dad's going to kill you," She whispered harshly.

"I had to, alright?" Sarah glanced over at the boy who's eyes flitted around the room with curiosity, "He was like a little lost puppy- I couldn't leave him there."

"They're are bad news," Bianca huffed, "His stupid friends sunk Topper's boat-"

Sarah scoffed, rolling her eyes slightly, "Don't bring up that dick right now, I can't believe him-" She rambled.

"Fine, forget Topper, but listen to me," Bianca interjected lowly, "We really need to talk- there's something going on, S."

"B- please, just let this go, okay?" Sarah pleaded in exasperation, "There's nothing going on!"

"There is!" She cut her off, pulling out the keycard from her back pocket, "I took my Mom's keycard so we can check out my dad's office."

But Sarah didn't seem all that impressed, "You stole it!?"

"I didn't steal it," Bianca rolled her eyes, pocketing the card once again, "I borrowed it-"

"Hey- uh.." John B muttered, pointing towards a large portrait hanging, "Who's the dude on the wall?"

Sarah shot one last glance at Bianca who was glaring harshly at her and turned to the boy, "Denmark Tanny. Founder of Tannyhill."

"Founder?" His eyebrows furrowed together, "So how did a slave found a cotton plantation?"

"He was a free man," Bianca bit back, a scowl on her face as she came over beside the two, "Didn't you pay attention in history?"

"Yeah, probably skipped or slept through it," John B shrugged distractedly, "Can you tell me more about this guy?"