Chapter 3

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Beep*

I stopped my alarm and stretched my arms out. I wished that it didn't wake me up as I had only slept for an hour at the most. I spent most of the night crying or in deep thoughts.

It was now 7:00am and I had 45 minutes to get ready before I leave for work. I quickly got in the shower, brushed my teeth and put my work clothes on. I then dried my hair and put it up in a bun so it was out of the way. When I looked in the mirror to do my makeup, I saw a huge mark on my face in a hand print shape. I was only going to add a bit of concealer anyway but I knew that wouldn't fully cover the bruise so I had to do a full face of makeup. I caked on the foundation so it would cover the bruise. Luckily, it only just covered it. If you looked close enough, you would see it but only if you looked really close.

After finishing my makeup, I grabbed my bag and left the house as quickly as I could so I could avoid my brothers.

However, nothing ever goes how I want it to.

"Y/N, are you alright? You seem like you are in a rush." Wonho asked.

"I am fine! I am just running late for work." I shouted from the door as I got my shoes on.

"I can give you a lift if you want!" Matthew offered.

"Don't worry, I will be on time. I need some physical exercise anyway." I panicked. I didn't want them to see me caked in makeup as they would definitely question me and they might even try to make me take it off. They believe that I am naturally beautiful without any makeup on and if they saw this, they would think there was something wrong with me or I was going through a midlife crisis with how thick it looks.

It isn't that bad but as someone who doesn't wear much makeup, it looks way over the top.

"Ok, see you later y/n." They shouted.

After the 10 minute walk to work, I had arrived to see a worried Yeosang

"Are you ok y/n? I was so worried when you left the party last night. Did he hurt you?" Yeosang asked questions and began to check for any injuries. He looked at my writs first as he must have remembered Byeongho gripping it tightly.

"Y/N, this is really bad!" He gasped. I looked at Yeosang, then trailed my eyes down to see what he was looking at. I was shocked once I saw it.

My wrist was bruised and swollen. How did I not realise that it was this bad? It was probably because I spent all my time worrying about covering my face this morning.

"Don't worry Yeosang, I'm fine. It doesn't hurt too much." I tried to play it off as if I was ok. The truth is that I don't feel the pain of my wrist even though it looks bad. Maybe it's because my cheek hurts a lot more at the moment.