44 - The Lovers Reunited

Alex couldn't sleep that night. She kept tossing and turning, trying to get comfortable, but she knew the cause of her sleeplessness was lying on the sofa in her living room. She finally gave up trying and just stared at the ceiling. 

"Great, now I'm thirsty," Alex complained to herself. 

She climbed off her bed and pressed her ear to the bedroom door. She couldn't hear anything. It was late so she hoped that Zack would be sound asleep. She unlocked her door as silently as she could. She peered her head out and frowned. The sofa was empty. She peered further out and saw that Zack was standing outside on the balcony, wrapped in a blanket and barefooted.

Alex bit her lip and tip toed her way into the kitchen. She winced a little. The floor was cold. She picked up a glass and quietly poured some water into it.

"You don't have to sneak around." Zack's voice made her jump and she spilt some water. She glanced at him. He had come inside and was closing the glass door behind him. He smiled and said, "This is your apartment."

"I wasn't sneaking," Alex denied, placing the water bottle back on the counter. She turned to Zack, holding the glass of water, and said, "I was being respectful."

Zack chuckled as he sat down on the sofa. He looked at her and asked, "Can't sleep?"

"Just thirsty," Alex replied, taking a sip. Then she asked him, "Jet lag?"

He smiled, showing those deep dimples, and said, "Something like that."

Alex nodded and made her way back to her bedroom. She glanced at Zack. He was sitting with his elbows on his knees and his chin resting on the tips of his fingers. Alex had one foot in the bedroom, when she paused. Her guilt was eating at her insides. She had to say something.

She took a step back and looked at Zack. She took a deep breath and exhaled. "I'm sorry," she said softly, and Zack looked up at her with a small frown. She leaned against the doorframe and continued, "For walking out on you at the gallery that night. I've been feeling guilty about that."

Zack's face softened and he smiled, lowering his hands. "Apology accepted," he said softly.

Alex nodded and smacked her lips. Then she sighed and suggested, "Some warm milk might help you sleep."

Zack frowned again, tilting his head. "Warm milk?" he asked in slight disbelieve.

Alex scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Fine. Hot chocolate. I'll throw in some brandy in there too."

Zack chuckled and licked his lips. "That sounds nice."

Alex headed back to the kitchen and started pulling out a small pot, the milk, brandy and hot chocolate mix. Zack raised from the sofa and joined her in the kitchen. Alex combined the ingredients and turned the stove on. She put the pot on the fire and started stirring slowly while waiting for the milk to heat up. Zack watched her silently with his arms crossed and his side leaning against the counter.

Alex could feel his eyes burning on her and she shifted on her feet. From the corner of her eye, she saw him moved. He was standing behind her, so close but not touching. She felt her heart started to beat faster and she shifted on her feet again. 

Zack slowly pushed aside her hair and she felt his warm breath on her neck before she felt his lips. He moved his lips along her neck and kissed the back of her ear, sending tingles down her spine. He bit her earlobe lightly and a soft moan escaped her lips. She quickly bit her lips to stifle the sound.

Zack buried his nose in her hair. "I've missed you so much," he said to her in a low voice. 

Alex exhaled and tried to fight all her natural instincts. She had a strain of self-control left and she was holding on to it with her life.

Then Zack held her face from behind and kissed her jaw and her cheek, and she sensed her self-control flew out the window. She turned her head and Zack's lips found hers immediately. He kissed her hungrily and she found herself doing the same thing. 

Zack pulled away for a second to switch off the stove. Then he pulled her into his arms and kissed her again. She didn't care about right or wrong anymore. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her, basking in the familiar scent of his cologne. 

Zack pulled her to the sofa and he sat down, with Alex straddling him. He held her face, scrutinising her features before he kissed her again. Alex run the tips of her fingers over his stubbled cheek and neck, and she moved her hand under his collar to feel the hard muscles on his shoulder.

Zack stopped kissing her for a while. He grabbed his sweater by the back of his collar and pulled it over his head, along with the t-shirt he was wearing inside. He tossed aside his clothes and wrapped his strong arms around Alex's middle. He looked up at her and said hoarsely, "Touch me."

Alex held his face and kissed him tenderly. Then she let her hands explore his body, from his broad shoulders to his bare back, then around his sides and up his chest over his chiseled abdomen. Zack was grunting deep in his throat with his lips pressed tightly against hers.

He grabbed the hem of her pyjama top and pulled it over her head. He did the same with her tank top. Then he buried his face in her naked chest while his hands roamed over her exposed skin. He planted hot, wet kisses on her breasts. He left trails of kisses up her neck until his lips found her mouth again.

His hands found their way under her waistband and he grabbed her ass. He easily pushed down her pyjama bottom, exposing her bare behind. With a little help from her, he pulled the bottom down her slender legs and tossed it aside. He kissed her while his hand run up and down her bare leg.

Zack swiftly pushed down his sweatpants to his ankles and kicked them off. He held her close to him, transferring heat between their bodies. Then he pushed himself inside her, hissing as he went in. Alex gasped at the intrusion and held on tightly to his shoulders. Zack kissed her as he started moving in and out, setting a rhythm that rocked both their bodies together. 

Alex moaned against his lips and she felt herself climbing. Zack grabbed her breast and pulled away from the kiss to watch the look on her face. He pulled her hands away from his neck and bending them, he held her arms behind her back, holding her by the wrists with one hand. His other hand was on the back of her neck, keeping her in place as he penetrated her over and over again. She couldn't hold it in anymore and let the orgasm took over her body. She cried out and bowed her head on his shoulder, as her body rocked from the residual orgasm. 

Zack wrapped his arms tightly around her waist and he got up from the sofa. He carried her into the bedroom and laid her down on the bed. He turned her on her front and lifted her ass up. Then, holding on to her hips, he penetrated her again, causing her to groan into the mattress. He pulled himself out and swiftly pushed back in. He repeated that a few times, and it was amazing! 

He grabbed Alex's hands and changed the rhythm, this time he kept pounding harder and harder into her. Alex felt herself climbing again and as she came for the second time, she felt Zack's body tensing and she knew he had climaxed too, timing it perfectly.

He collapsed on top of her, breathing hard into her bare back. Then he rolled over onto his back, releasing his weight off of her. 

Alex could hardly keep her eyes open anymore. Before she drifted to sleep, she thought she felt Zack kissing her lips softly.