Chapter 28

"Howdy ladies, I think I know what you need right now," said Takuyan, who suddenly appeared beside them out of nowhere, balancing a tray of drinks on his hand. The American woman wrinkled her nose, but still detached herself from her friend and looked skeptically at the glasses filled with a greenish liquid. The alien laughed proudly and offered her a particularly full glass, which she declined.
"This one is for you dear April, with best regards from the chef. You will feel better instantly," he tried again and Maho was already looking for the doctor's gaze in alarm, but he grinned innocently and then squinted at the four men. Toru had already noticed his wife and the troop of men were now rapidly approaching them.
"Morning Takuyan. Hmm, can you read minds?" the tall blond asked, immediately handing out the proffered refreshments to his bandmates and the two ladies. Of course, completely random and clueless and before the baffled waiter could protest, they were toasting and drinking. So, the alien ducked his head in shock.
'Good heavens! Who swallowed the love potions now?'

There was no way it was April, for whom, this drink was actually made, as she couldn't seem to bring herself to put the glass to her lips and Takuyan could see by the liquid level which vessel had the particular contents. His face color resembled one of ghosts when he saw the empty glasses back on his serving tray once again.
"I think you definitely need a second drink," he promised frantically, and since the small group in front of him had just been distracted by an intrusive ringing in the garden, he scurried back into the kitchen and almost lost his temper.

"Sky holes and spacemen shit! I've never had anything like that happen to me before. Such a simple thing that goes so fucking wrong! It's getting to be high time for me to retire. I quit! That's it! Out!"
The tray was set down dangerously ungently and Miyu's mother just stared at the alien doctor, stunned.
"Yeah right, I'm the worst Sherlock Holmes ever," he continued to rant, taking another six glasses from the cabinet.
"What happened?" she now dared to ask after all, while clearing the used containers and finding another well-filled glass in between.
"Never before has anything so embarrassing happened to me! Somehow, I forgot the order when April wouldn't take her potion and Toru just reached in between and I couldn't remember who the heck drank what. ... Damn, damn, damn! Now there are the wrong people out there in each other's arms." The doctor looked terribly nervous and tense, not even noticing his assistant grinning at him. "Hurry up, I need a lifting potion. ... Best for all ... ahhh no, better not for all of them. ... Lord God, you are making a complete mess of me!" Seeing her laughing so mischievously now, he only got more frantic, "I shouldn't have gotten involved at all. ... Grrr ... Well you laugh, as long as you still can, after all, ... the whole thing was your idea anyway. I just wanted to ... "

"Just being helpful?" she asked hypocritically, offering him the drink. "Calm down and ... take a good look." She held the glass up to his nose and smiled triumphantly. A pale reddish heart floated above the slightly greenish liquid. It looked like a hologram and moved slightly back and forth like the flame of a candle. Instantly, Takuyan relaxed and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Dr. Watson ... you saved me," at this he reached for the drink, placed it on the sideboard behind him, and vigorously pulled the woman to his chest. Without a guard he kissed her intimately and, meeting no resistance, the grateful acknowledgment lasted a little longer.

This moment of carelessness the camouflaged twins took advantage and grabbed the love potion. Unnoticed, they left the kitchen and transported their precious treasure to a safe place on the terrace. The corner with the overhanging rose vines was their destination, where Ella and little Akitoy were already waiting for the "thieves".
"Wow ... I really didn't think you guys could do it," Ryotas daughter praised, eyeing the potion.
"Well, ... it took a little luck, but ... Dad's getting old and that cook seems to be making him very nervous and maybe a little blind. His mistake will give us a lot of fun." The twins grinned at each other and high-fived.
"Who do you want to fall in love? And maybe... I can try this first?" The smallest in the group scrambled up, stepped closer, and was about to dip a finger into the love potion, but Ella gently slapped his hand.
"No, don't Aktioy. We don't even know who got the second juice. Imagine that blonde aunt from America kissing you all the time on your paunchy cheeks."

"Hm, ... I'd like her, but ... of course, she's a bit too old ..." he half-smacked and pulled a pout. The siblings laughed and warned the youngest once again:
"If you say one word about this special juice here, we'll all be in big trouble and you certainly won't be allowed to play with us anymore." And as if they had conjured it up with their words, loud shouting and clearly recognizable footsteps were heard in the direction of the rose hedge. The glass disappeared into the furthest corner and Ella shooed the others out of hiding.

Tomoya approached the children with his bandmate, beaming from ear to ear. The twins already guessed the reason and when they tried to push the Drummers young son forward to avoid unnecessary questions, Akitoy was no longer with them. A glance back showed the boy kneeling on the ground and crawling toward the precious treasure. They just shrugged their shoulders. After all, what was going to happen when father and son fell in love?

" Hey, you little guys, where is my sweet boy Akitoy? I just hope he's in good hands around here, right?" Tomo asked exuberantly and happily. The three didn't need to answer, as a shrieking bundle of energy hopped out from under the dense canopy of leaves, and the children knew immediately that the potion was no longer complete. "Dad! Daddy! You're here! I love you so much!"

"Oh, my little one, you're so happy to see me?" The father lifted his son up in the air and were stormily embraced by him. The chubby cheeks nestled against the man's freshly shaved face.
"How sweet. That must be true love," the children coughed behind their hands. Ryota stopped next to the amorous father-son pair and classified the rascals' giggling as harmless. He was happy to see his daughter so exuberant and happy.

So, they stood in the warm sunshine and were soon visited by even more love hungry visitors. First there were only a few flies buzzing annoyingly around the heads of Tomoya and Akitoy and then a beautiful colorful butterfly. The creepy-crawlies took a little longer but formed an interesting insect trail from the overgrown corner of the terrace to the "bewitched" ones. As if that wasn't enough, Takuyan's two naturally took care of other participants by tipping the rest of the love potion over the railing and catching a cat by the tail, which soon began to preen itself, meowed loudly and looked for a way up.

Father and son were clearly taking great pleasure in the affectionate little animals, which the bassist did not understand at all.
"This is almost ... unnatural. Are you rolling around in sugar water?" he wanted to know but got no answer. Only when the alien doctor pulled both of his children by the ears into the house with him, some things dawned on him. There had to be a prank behind it, what else?
Chuckling to himself, he leaned his arms on the parapet and looked out into the garden. He remembered his youth; he had not been the good, quiet boy that everyone thought he was. He laughed again when loud bells rang up to him and a young lady ran after a white floating varnish.