Chapter 11

" Where does your younger brother hang out, anyway?" She pointed to the empty seat next to Taka. He combined instantly. His big eyes widened as he opined:

"You, ... you think?" His gaze turned to his friend, who seemed to be having a delicious conversation with the bride's parents. "That ... explains everything." With a push, he stood up and his chair tipped backward onto the backrest. The loud rumble was not left unheard, and so the wedding party instantly fell into an expectant silence.

"Takahiro san, are you going to do something?" whispered Grandma Hinata not really surprised, but perhaps now a little worried. The Moriuchi brothers were well-mannered young men, after all. Cautiously, she looked up at the lanky Japanese man next to her and noticed that Takahiro had a sardonic grin on his face. Her intuition told her to warn him:

"You know what happens when Hichan ... drinks?" And his smirk was enough of an answer for her. No further attempt to talk him into his conscience would stop him.

When Takahiro raised his wine glass next to the old lady and made a toast in a firm voice, all she could do was to wish the alien in Toru, good luck. His older brother was planning something.

"My dear longtime best friend, Toru Yamashita. I would also like to extend my warmest wishes, and since I didn't have a chance to congratulate you, pardon the bride and you, earlier, I'll do it now. Even more heartfelt. Raise your well-filled glasses and let's toast the couple." He laughed innocently and waited until everyone followed his invitation. By the groom's reaction, Takahiro immediately knew he had been right in his guess. He stopped a waitress and asked her to provide the blond tall man at the end of the table with a fresh drink.

"To our handsome couple," he then added, motioning for the rest of the older patrons to do the same, but the grandmother was still struggling with herself.

"Takahiro san, ... are you sure?" The latter nodded, and to heat things up a bit more, he stepped out of line and walked toward Maho and Toru with his hand raised, waving the bulbous large wine glass. The closer he got, the wider his smile became.

Hichan in his medium didn't seem to have quite realized the situation yet, he was relying on his shield and since they were both wearing their rings, nothing could actually happen. After all, he could accidentally drop the glass of alcohol, or distract the crowd with a little speech to win time. He could also sing one of his songs, ... oh no, that wouldn't work with Toru's voice. He would think of something, he was "Himan", wasn't he?

When there were only a few meters between them, a sudden wave of heat ran through the blond man.

"Stop!" croaked Toru, holding his hands defensively in front of him. 'Santo cielo, what happened? ' and again the groom's body jerked and Hichan groaned.

Taka stopped to give him a little rest. He opened his jacket, which he decently wore again, and loosened his tie. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead, however, from excitement at finally facing his much-missed friend. Even if he was currently being controlled by an alien.

"Toru san, faithful guitarist and band leader. Raise your glass and drink with us. Be happy in your marriage with Maho and ..."

"I ... ah ... I'm so aroused, eh excited," the alien in the groom stuttered, trying to silence his brother in time. But as Taka took a step forward, Toru staggered awkwardly backward.

"Honey, are you, all right?" the bride asked, trying to support her husband, but he evaded her.

'There's nothing like that, what's wrong? I'm losing control! ' Hichan fretted and tried to fight on.

"All good, ... Mori ...eh ... uchi chan, ... oh san, damn I burn ... ah ... I'm so glad to welcome you ... too hot ... eh us."

'What the heck is going on here again? I'm about to suffocate.' His thoughts were swirling. No more proper sentences escaped the medium's mouth.

"You are so beautiful ... eh, it's so nice to see you my favori ... eh friend, but ... ... oh no, ... later I mean ... please, ... Taka." The redhead made another attempt to back away. It looked as if they were repelling each other like two unequal's magnetic pole. Every step the singer took, the husband backed away.

Until now, the guests had followed the whole spectacle in silence and a little wonder, waiting patiently for the high point, which was yet to come, because Taka was not completely satisfied. Although he had heated his brother properly, but he would go a little further to wipe out the red devil one. He casually waved to Toru and now Hichan in the groom knew why the protective shield seemed so sketchy. The ring of the father was gone. So, what was the alien to choose? Fire and flame or the wine? Both could bring him down. But his Taka took the decision away from him.

"I'll give you only one reason," he began to sing.

"To make your heart beating. ... But don't worry, it's safe right here in my arms." A murmur went through the crowd, and really everyone was now hanging on eagerly to what was happening at the end of the hall. The two bandmates were known for their spectacular acting skills. A new performance to their most famous song?

Toru's body suddenly fought back against the unwanted intruder. The so deeply rooted feelings towards the singer, took over and Hichan was helplessly at the mercy of it all. True love was so strong, much stronger than anything the little one had experienced before.

"As the world falls apart around me, all I can do is ... hold on, hold on," Toru replied mechanically, stumbling forward, still catching himself on two chairs, but with each further step from his friend, the blond slumped to his knees. He groaned, rolled his eyes unnaturally, and before he could fold forward, Taka was already crouching in front of him, grabbing him by the shoulders.

"Take my hand and I'll bring you back. I'll risk everything if it's for you. So stand up, stand up, Toru!"
With his last strength, the tall man looked up once more and whispered:

"Just gotta keep it. I wanna wake up ... wake up. Just tell me how I can." Toru closed his eyes.
"Come on, Toru. Never give up ... call me crazy, but I'll fight until there' s no more. ... But now I'm blind ... can't see the end, ... tell me, where should I start?" But the blond gave no answer anymore. Only his lips parted. No second too soon, no more sound came out of his throat, but the alien escaped the hot flames with an invisible help.

"Don't say a word, I can hear you despite the silence between us," Takahiro still ended before pulling the tall, limp body into an embrace. The singer hugged the still-hot blond tightly and whispered in his ear, "I'll always love you, Toru san."

For a brief moment, no one dared to disturb the scene. But then Maho began to applaud. Her parents and April timidly joined in, and then more and more clapping hands followed until the hall was like an enthusiastic audience celebrating the successful performance. For Taka, life was returning to his friend. The embrace was answered, they smiled at each other and nodded, knowing they were the center of attention of the whole company. Slowly they scrambled up and thanked the people with a shy "Arigato". Then they parted, their fingers touching for as long as they could, their gazes only losing each other when Takahiro finally turned away and left the room with large steps