Chapter 27

The house was again lively, and the remaining guests gathered in the spacious hall to make up for the missed midnight buffet. Only the closest friends and relatives were still present, and no one bothered to keep any non-human characteristics to themselves. Even Takuyan's children walked around without caps and gloves.

The only unknowing ones were Tomoya and Ryota. Since even their children knew long ago from the twins that there was also something "other" than human.
While the bassist seemed very intimidated, between the partly very pale figures and one or the other costumes, as he assumed, the drummer already felt in a certain way also as something special.
"There must be a reason why we were allowed to stay. It's strange, but just imagine, Ryo ... there's something you've never seen before because ... it can't exist. Something ... unique, extraordinary, otherworldly, three-dimensional, unbelievable. Uhhh ... how exciting." At that, he looked enthusiastically at the copious breakfast and licked his lips. " Oh, man, Ryota. Lighten up a bit and you'll see everything will be fine." The first sushi roll disappeared into his mouth. "A mewm phase ofm life begims, ... hmmm ... mpreciselym in thisch myschteriousch mplace. ... Hmmm ... I feel it in my stomach," he mumbled with pleasure and pushed the sticky rice from one cheek to the other to experience the full taste.
The bandmate just rolled his eyes.
"Oh yeah?" Since his own appetite was in limited supply, he looked suspiciously at his friend's full plate.

Mahos words just hadn't let him go. In the few hours of sleep, strange dreams haunted him and even now still crept into his subconscious. "You know Tomo, somehow I feel like I'm being remote-controlled, as if my systems have run hot and my brain has been programmed wrong. Maybe ... I should get a proper checkup? ... just to be on the safe side," he said and decided to let his friend in on his current state of mind a little more. "Hey Tomoya, ... how long has it actually been since we saw Star Wars?" So he wanted to know quietly, first earning a puzzled look. Then the drummer put his food on the table and eagerly pulled his bandmate along with him. Only when they stepped out into the fresh air on the terrace did he stop and turn energetically to face the perplexed Ryo. With a skeptical expression on his face and narrowed eyes, he leaned forward toward him and asked incredulously:
" Perhaps you ... have dreamed of this, too? ... Outer space? ... Small rocket? ... Power failure? ... Loud music? ... Aliens? ..." Each further enumeration made the bassist pale.
"From Toru?" he finally completed. Tomo looked very confused at that moment. His mouth was open, as wide as if he was about to take a Big Mag all at once. Then they eyed each other closely and finally looked down at themselves, moving their arms and legs, as if mechanically, patting each other on the heads.

"Good morning, my faithful companions," a deep voice suddenly sounded behind them, and they both called out in a voice:
"Master Torio!? ... eh ... Toru ..." And then they couldn't hold on any longer. They began to laugh, yes, they curled with pleasure and joy and gave each other a high-five.
"What's the matter with you?" the tall blond wanted to know in amazement. " Breathing too much country air?"
"Country? ... No, altitude air rather I would think." And Tomoya continued to sound like he was whinnying. No matter what the two thought now, it didn't change anything. They were men, married, had children and friends.

Takahiro, who now appeared next to Toru, began to grin. As if he knew exactly why the two were so cheerful. Relieved, he closed his eyes, imagining himself sitting on the metal shell of a small space capsule and listening curiously inside. The laughter, the voices, ... his family ... the band.
'I'm home,' he admitted to himself now, taking a deep breath. Then he put his arms over the shoulders of Ryota and Tomoya, who already had the leader of the band between them. "Here, now, today, after such a long time, we make a new Beginning!" the singer announced, thus inviting them to start anew with the old ritual they practiced before every live performance.

The four stretched their hands in the middle and fired each other up:
" Into a new era with "One ok Rock"! Into a field of wonder!" he shouted even more energetically, and then the opening cry, familiar to every fan, rang out:

"Oh cha hiiie!"

"Here and now I draw the line.
Have fought this war a million times,
looking for a peace of mine.
But now I hate what we've become.
I say the word, let's be done,
there is nothing in the way.
I am not always perfect
but I'm always myself.
If you don't think I'm worth it,
find someone else.
I won't say I'm sorry for being who I am.
Is the end a chance to start again?"

Taka was singing and the rest of the band immediately joined in the song. Light-hearted and not thinking about the last unproductive year for the group, they imitated their instruments and presented their song to a few viewers.
In the end, they faced each other grinning, drenched in sweat but overjoyed.
"It's time now for another trip into the unknown," Toru proudly announced, his gaze resting on the singer, who was visibly overcome with emotion as he searched for words. Everything was now clearly before him. The winding trail, with its insurmountable traps and blockades, which he had had to follow for a long year, suddenly became a wide highway, with a clear view and no speed limit.

Maho, smiling as she leaned against the doorframe, breathed a sigh of relief. Their first step had been done. Taka stood at Toru's side, and since the groom had not shown up at the bridal suite the previous night, it was safe to assume that at least the male part of this relationship had spoken.
"Oh, who on earth is making that noise? My head is about to burst," April's weak voice complained. She rested her head against her friend's shoulder and a few blonde curls hung down into her pale face. She was gently hugged and lightly squeezed by Maho, that should make her feel better and also with what she was about to see here.
"Everything is fine, ... just look how happy they are. After such a long time, they've found each other again," Maho sighed in relief, kissing the American on the cheek. "We are complete. What do you say?"
"Yeah ... great," the latter sniffed hesitantly. "And I almost ruined everything. I'm ... so sorry." She blew her nose loudly and seemed to really regret her actions yesterday. " But something wasn't going right here. Why did I drank so much? ... There was a reason ... for sure, ... but ... I don't remember it." She groaned and breathed in heavily to conquer the dizziness in her head. The psychiatrist just smiled understandably and gave her another loving hug.

"I'm sure it will all clear up. All the excitement and partying, but no one's going to hold anything against you. Just please be very empathetic when dealing with Takahiro."