Chapter twenty

Out of nowhere Jorge's jeep bumps through the cranks. "In!" Brenda screams. We climb inside and Jorge drives away, out of the tunnel.

"I'm impressed, you guys almost lasted a whole day." Jorge says smiling and shaking his head.

"You had to come safe us didn't you?" Thomas asks smiling as well but more at Brenda.

"I think he wants to say thank you for saving us." Frypan interrupts. We chuckle.

"Why didn't you wake me up Sum? I thought we were friends!" Brenda says fake hurt.

"Listen, when I followed Thomas outside, I didn't think he was actually leaving the place." I defend.

We stop at some point and get out to look at the city. It's surrounded by a huge wall. "Three year we've been spending behind walls trying to break out, and now we try to break back in?" Newt asks confused.

"Hilarious isn't it." Frypan says sarcastically. I smile.

"Well I guess there must be someway. Let's go!" I say climbing back into the car. Everyone else gets in as well and we start driving to the city.

"Do you guys think it's dangerous in there?" Frypan asks a little worried but mostly scared.

"It's WCKD, of course it's gonna be dangerous in there." I reply staring outside.

"We'll find a way and we'll make it." Thomas says.

"Just try to keep a low profile, we don't want them to know were coming do we?" Jorge asks.

He parks the car and we all walk to the outer city outside the wall. A dozen people protesting and trucks with soldiers driving in the way. We get through the people but see those soldiers coming our way. "Guys we need to go." Newt says.

"We've got some company!" I say. At that moment gunshots come from the wall. Everyone runs and I follow Brenda as fast as I possibly can. We run inside a small street. But we see the same soldiers, they grab us both and throw us in the van.

We start driving. "Don't show any emotions, don't be scared." Brenda tells me. I look at the two guys sitting in the vent with us, looking at us but they're wearing helmets and hold guns.

"No emotions you say? Well I'm pretty sure they're not gonna bring us to a party Bren." I reply softly.

"No but if they wanted to kill us, they would already have done that." She replies.

"But that's the problem isn't it? If those people are from WCKD then they're gonna use us." I say.

"Can you two shut the hell up?!" One of them asks in a deep voice. We stop talking and just stare at the ground. After a while we arrive wherever we are.

They open the van doors and hold us on our arms and drag us outside. "Who are you guys?" Thomas asks. One of them takes his helmet off and brings shock to all of us...

Thomas punches Gally immediately in the face, but I can't believe my eyes. I stare at the ground complete shocked. Gally stands up again and holds his jaw. "I saw that coming." He says cool.

"You were dead!" Newt says dragging Thomas back.

"No! You left me to die, after you guys got away, these people saved me. I need to function with one lung now but I guess I'm still alive." He replies.

He finally looks at me and smiles. "Hello Summer." He says softly staring at me. A tear drops down my cheek and I run up to him, embracing him.

"I missed you so so much." I say between sobs. He rubs my back holding me close to him.

"Missed you two greenie." He says. He loses the grip and looks into my eyes. "You know I was still awake when you got dragged away." He says.

I remember, I screamed that I loved him. "But why are you guys here anyway?" He asks looking at all of us but still holding onto me, one arm around my waist.

"Minho, WCKD has him." Thomas replies.

"I may know someone who can help." Gally says and let's me go. He starts walking away and we follow him. Brenda steps beside me.

"I can see why you like him, you're crying by the way." She says teasing me. Frypan walks on the other side of me and chuckles.

"Jeez Summer, now just hope he feels the same way about you." Frypan says.

"Can you two shut up please? You would make a great couple you know that." I say irritated but it's true. They would be good together.

We enter a room and Gally stops in front of us. "Don't stare." He says softly. A men, with a burned face comes up to us.

"Who did you bring here Gally?" The men asks looking at all of us. Most look terrified but I just smile at him.

"They need help to get into WCKD." Gally replies.

"That's a mission impossible. No one enters that city and comes out again." He says.

"Maybe not with Thomas. I can show you something." Gally adds.

"No! Only two go!" The men says. We decide on Newt and Thomas. I look at Gally and he smiles at me.

"Why don't you go as well girl?" The men asks looking at me.

"You said two." I reply.

"Three, go!" He says winking. I roll my eyes before following the boys