Chapter ten

We finish washing the dishes when we run outside because we heard some loud noise. We see the new girl on top of the tower throwing things down at the gladers who try to avoid it. "Girls are awesome." Chuck claims. I roll my eyes.

One of those things almost hit me so I start screaming. "Listen brownie! If you throw one more of those things and it hits me! You will regret it deeply!" I yell. She looks over the edge.

"Another girl?" She asks softly. She backs up again but stopped throwing things. I climb to the top to see her pointing a dagger to me.

"Woah! If you hit me with that, you will be dead! I'm on my period girl, and I don't want to deal with this right know, got it?" I ask. She puts the bagger down.

"Where am I? Why don't I remember anything?" She asks confused. I chuckle and stand up.

"Welcome in the glade, it happened to all of us alright. What's your name?" I ask smiling.

"Teresa." She replies. I nod.

"Let's get down." I say. She follows me down and we stare at the boys staring at us. "They're not gonna hurt you." I say.

"How would you know?" Teresa asks. I look at her and shake my head. I walk over to the boys and stare at her now.

"Yeah they're not hurting you." I say before walking away. Something about her tells me I don't like her.

The rest of the day people try to make contact with Teresa but she eventually started talking to Thomas. Gally stands in the door entrance and smiles. "Need help?" He asks.

I turn to him and shake my head. "No, I can do this pretty good myself." I reply. He shakes his head while laughing but let's me. I pick up the big sack of potatoes which is super heavy. I try to move but it won't work.

I fall down but before my head bangs to the ground Gally caught me. We stare into each other's eyes. "Don't need any help huh?" He jokes. I roll my eyes.

I get up and he smiles at me. He picks up the sack without any problems and puts it down on the shelf. "You're just weak." He says. I widen my eyes.

"Pardon me?" I ask fake hurt. "Me? Weak? Oh yeah now your gonna feel regret." I say. He starts laughing.

I form my hands to fists and punch him but he took my fist into his hand very easy. He starts laughing again. I try again but he takes my other hand in his other hand so I can't do anything anymore. He smiles at me but I try to get out of his grip.

"Alright I'll fight back then." He says smiling. He pushes my against the wall and holds my arms against my hips. His face is just inches away from my face. "I told you you were weak." He says without moving an inch.

"Maybe I am." I reply without joking. For some reason my knees feel weak now. He leans forward a bit and at that point the door opens.

Frypan walks in and Gally jumps away. "Oh did I interrupt something?" He asks. Gally and I shake our heads.

"Next time you call for help, you could've injured yourself badly." Gally says before walking outside.

I lean against the wall and sink down until I sit. "What happened?" Frypan asks.

"Nothing." I reply. "Nothing happened!" I say upset.

"Did I enter too soon?" He asks. I nod slowly and he gives me a weak smile. "Sorry, next time, don't try to make out in my kitchen." He says.

"It's not like I can choose when it happens." I stand up. "An hour ago I didn't even know I really wanted it, but now... he almost kissed me and I really wanted it to happen! Maybe I just saw it wrong." I say.

"No, I think he would've done it." Frypan says. "You really like him don't you?" He asks.

"I'm afraid so." I reply.

"Summer, why would you be afraid of it?" He asks.

"Because... I never had feelings like this, how do I go with that?" I ask softly. Frypan smiles and hugs me.

"You'll figure it out." He says.

"Thanks for being my best friend and adviser." I say laughing softly.

"Yeah, I should thank you." He replies. We finish making dinner and serve it. Frypan sits down at my table with Newt, Thomas, Chuck, Minho and Teresa.

I stare at Gally and think about how I'm gonna tell him. "Summer, what's wrong with you?" Newt asks.

I look up at him. "Nothing, just thinking." I reply.

"Anyways, I wanna check that out tomorrow." Thomas says pointing at the thing they found in a griever. We finish dinner and go to our hammocks.