Chapter one

My head hurts so badly, I manage to open my eyes and look around. Where am I? Or better asked, who am I? I sit up straight and look around slowly to not hurt my head even more. I'm somewhere in a house or building onto a bed. What happened to me?

"Finally awake?" A male voice sounds. I turn my head as fast as possible to the door to see a dark skinned boy standing in the opening. "Don't worry, you'll be fine." He says softly.

"W...where am I? What happened? Who am I?" I ask scared and confused. The boy shakes his head softly and walks slowly up to me.

"You're in the glade, came up in the box in coma and I have no idea who you are. Listen to me carefully, every month, a box is bringing us someone new, who doesn't remember anything. We all went through this." He says with a comforting smile.

"W...what?" I'm confused and scared and I sure as hell don't want to be here. Tears fill my eyes the moment the boy comes closer to me. He hesitates before walking outside, leaving me alone for a while.

He comes back in with a couple of other guys who all stare at me. Another dark skinned boy smiles at me, moving closer. "I'm Alby, I know this looks scary but you have to trust me. Okay?" He asks slowly.

I softly nod not knowing how to firm words. "Do you remember your name?" A blond boy continues. I think shortly, trying to find it and nod.

"S...Summer." I stutter. They smile and nod.

"Good, well, I'm the leader here and this is Newt my second in command. Welcome to the glade." Alby says pushing the blond boy a little forward. "Come on, I'll give you a tour." He says stretching his arm out for me to take it.

All the boys see my hand shake but they just stare at it. I reach Alby's hand and he pulls me up. I walk behind him still scared. We get outside of the hut we were in. It's a huge grassy area with a small forest, some buildings and boys everywhere working. The whole place is surrounded by four huge walls. Each wall having an entrance as high as the wall itself.

Alby and I stop in the middle of the field and he starts explaining. When all the information is put inside my head he leaves me be for that day. I notice the sun not being high at all which means it's morning. I walk up to a tree and sit down with my back against it. It gets too much for me and I start sobbing softly with my head in my hands.

"Are you alright?" A soft high voice sounds. I look up to see a twelve year old, chubby boy standing in front of me. I nod while wiping away my tears but it's obvious I'm not. The boy sits down in front of me. "I'm Chuck by the way, you must be Summer. Everyone is talking about you." He says smiling.

"E...Everyone? Talking... about me?" I ask with difficulty trying to hold back my tears. He nods.

"You're big news, the first girl to ever arrive at the glade." Chuck says smiling. Somehow it comforts me, a twelve year old can't be dangerous. "Your beautiful by the way. Nice outfit." He says smirking.

I for the first time look down at it, it's a camouflage pants with black short boots, a white crop top and gloves for protection around my hands. "Thank you." I say at the little boy in front of me.

"I actually wanted to get you for lunch, you must be hungry being out for two days." He says standing up.

"Wait! I've been out for two whole days?" I ask softly.

"Yes, everyone was scared they send up someone who was diseased or something. But you're up so hungry?" Chuck asks smiling. I give him a soft smile back and nod, standing up as well.

I walk behind him to the kitchen where another dark skinned boy hands me a plate. "Hello greenie, I'm Frypan. Nice meeting you." He says smiling. I smile back but can't form words. Trusting Chuck is one thing but other people, I don't know.

Chuck grabs my hand and drags me to a table. He sits down next to some other boys who stare at me. "Summer, these are my friends, Newt, Minho and Thomas." Chuck says smiling. I sit down next to him avoiding the stares of the three boys in front of me.

"Hell yeah! You're beautiful!" The Asian boy says smiling at me which makes me immensely uncomfortable. Newt smacks Minho's arm when he notices. "Didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable." Minho says.

"Don't worry, everything makes me uncomfortable." I reply which surprises both me as the three boys. I totally just said that without stuttering.

"You'll find the best of this place soon. You're doing better then most of us did when we arrived. Thomas face planted, Newt cried and I banged my fists against the walls until they bleed." Minho says.

We finish the sandwiches Frypan had made for lunch and after doing so I kinda feel comfortable around Minho, Thomas, Newt and Chuck.