Chapter nineteen

It's been six whole months since Minho got captured but we have a plan and today, we'll get him back. We stay in our places, Frypan, Harriet and me waiting for Brenda and Jorge to arrive in the jeep to distract them from the others trying to get to the train.

We hear the jeep getting closer so we settle things up, I get my gun and load it. The jeep stopped and the plane of WCKD just landed. We jump out, I run immediately inside the plane, pointing my gun at the pilot. He turns around to escape but I block him.

"Yeah I didn't think so." I say. We kick him out and let Jorge fly the plane. We're all inside of it, cheering that our fase is completed, now we can get the others at the train. Jorge let's the clip down to connect to the container Minho must be in and he flies away.

"We did it!" Frypan cheers happily. We all look at each other smiling brightly. It's been six months but today I get to hug Minho again. We land and get outside. Some people open the container and Thomas and Newt get inside. Harriet follows but I'll wait outside.

"He is not in there." Thomas says walking outside disappointed. I look at them in total shock.

"What do you mean, he is not in there?" I ask worried. I can't believe we failed the mission.

"I mean he's not there. We got the wrong container!" Thomas screams bagging his fists against the wall.

Aris and Sonya walk out and I hug him. "I guess it was not totally useless." I say looking at Aris.

"Thank you for caring." Aris replies sarcastically. I poke his arm jokingly. We get him to clean up the wounds on his face.

Thomas comes inside and sits next to us. "Aris, why was Minho not in the train?" He asks nervously.

"I'm sorry Thomas." Aris starts. "He was." We all look at each other before standing up and going to the room where we planned all this.

"We need to get Minho out of there Vince!" Thomas tries but he doesn't listen.

"Look, we took six months to get here, to invade that city we have nothing and I'm not gonna risk all these people for one men!" Vince says loudly.

"And the other people there? There are other kids!" I complain but he shakes his head.

"Too dangerous." He says before walking out. We all know Thomas is not gonna give up yet but still.

We get to bed but I wake up by Thomas sneaking away. I follow him, getting my backpack and seeing him eventually talking to Newt and Frypan. "Can I come?" I ask looking at the boys.

"No, it'll be dangerous and we don't want to risk your life." Newt says smiling at me.

"Oh but you are risking your lives. I'm dearly sorry but none of you can stop me." I say before climbing onto the truck. They sigh but we leave, driving away.

"We never really talked about it, but... are you over Gally yet?" Thomas asks looking at me worried.

I stare out of the window. "I'm not sure." I reply. "He was the first person I ever remembering liking."

"Are you over Teresa yet?" Newt asks for me to change the subject.

"That's different, I never liked her anyway." Thomas replies but we shake our heads. "What, you don't believe me?" He asks.

"No!" I say. Frypan chuckles. "Teresa remembered you and you remembered her. You saved her life in the WCKD facility, that means love." I add.

"She is a traitor." Thomas says.

"Guys..." Frypan stops the truck in front of a tunnel. "Not to complain but if I was a crank, this would be the place I was hiding." He says.

"We don't have another choice, just go slow." Thomas says. Frypan, Newt and I look at each other but eventually get inside. We drive slowly.

I look to the side to see a crank and scream. "Go go go!" Thomas screams. Frypan hits it up and starts driving faster but he made a wrong turn. The whole vehicle turns and we land upside down.

Thomas bumps in the window and we crawl outside. "Guys!" I say loudly pointing at the cranks coming our way. We start running to the end to see more cranks from the opposite directions.

We're trapped...