Prologue

It's a normal day in the glade, everyone is doing they're job when the alarm of the box goes off. "Finally!" People start screaming while running up to it excitedly. It's just once a month the box comes up with a new greenie, and that day is today.

Everyone gathered around the box waiting impatiently for it to arrive. The dozen boys start discussing about how he would be or what he would look like.

- "I hope he'll be strong and fast."

- "I hope he can help me in the kitchen."

- "I just hope he wouldn't be annoying!"

The box arrived and everyone goes silent for a moment. Two of them reach for the doors on the top, and open the box. One jumps inside, a strong build person with thin eyebrows and a serious look on his face. He squats down next to the smaller boxes with the letters WCKD and gasps loudly. "What is it Gally?" Someone asks.

"I... It's a girl." He replies. Everyone shifts a little closer to the edge of the box wanting to look at the girl who arrived. Voices start filling the air again with mostly bullshit. Gally at this point reaches for the girl's wrist, she's unconscious so he wants to know if she's still alive.

- "Shut up ya'll! Looks like she's dead to me." Someone shouts which makes everyone quiet.

Gally feels a weak heartbeat in her wrist and looks up. "No! She has a heartbeat! Quick get the med-jacks!" He yells. Two boys enter the box and squad down next to the girl as well.

"Everyone get back to your jobs, we'll let you know when she wakes up!" A dark skinned boy says softly. Everyone immediately does what he says and walks away except for Gally who stays with the girl being curious.