Chapter eight

Newt wakes me up and drags me to the box. "It came up with some stuff we don't know what it is. Maybe you do." He says. I look at the boxes and see some female clothes. I pick them out and smile. Then I see the thing I officially needed the most at this point.

I sneak the pads and tampons with me and get to the toilets. I change into a new outfit and put the pads and tampons away in a box under my hammock. I get to Frypan and help him with preparing breakfast.

"Seems like the box was nice on you, Summer. Looks good." He says smiling at me. I shake my head softly and help him making the bacon and eggs. We finish and serve the food to the tired gladers who just woke up. I get my plate and walk past Gally.

"Thanks for giving it to me, but the box gave me new clothes so I don't need this anymore." I say while giving him his shirt he lent me yesterday. He smiles and I get to the boys. I inhale and exhale deeply before preparing my apology for my burst before.

"I'm really truly sorry for screaming yesterday, I was reacting overly dramatic and I'm really sorry for causing so much confusion." I say softly. They smile at me and sign for me to sit down.

"You didn't even have to apologize. We were acting like babies yesterday and we must be sorry for making you uncomfortable." Newt says.

"I'm really sorry Summer, it was stupid to sing that song. I felt really bad the whole night." Chuck says.

"It's okay, I just had a really short temper yesterday." I reply smiling. Minho chuckles.

"Now we're all friends again we may wanna talk about the bandages you snook with you." Newt says.

"What bandages?" Thomas asks looking from Newt to me and back.

"Summer, why did you take those bandages and what are they for?" Newt asks. My cheeks get red.

"That weren't bandages Newt." I reply. He raises an eyebrow and I decide to let him find out himself. I get up, take one pad and give it to him.

It's funny to see them all looking at it confused. They try and open it, smell at it and paste it on different parts of their bodies. "Okay what are they?" Minho asks putting it on the table.

The other boys have gathered around as well. "Girls use them once a month for something that happens to their bodies." I say simply.

"Okay so your using one first, give that one to us and then we can guess again." Winston says.

"I don't think you want to have it after I used it." I say smiling uncontrollably hard.

"Oh yes we do! No secrets and we wanna find out ourselves." Minho replies.

So that evening before lunch I take out my used pad with the blood on it and put a new one in. I throw the used one on the table. "Summer is that blood?"

"Oh my! Are you okay? Dying maybe? That's a lot of blood Summer!" Zart says looking at it.

Gally checks my body not finding where the blood comes from. To my surprise Winston actually picks it up and touches the pad. "Where did the blood come from?" Gally asks.

"Just explain to us! We don't know." Minho says looking at me. Winston passes the pad to some other boys. I sit down and laugh.

"Okay so, it's called a period. It causes mood swings and immense pain in the stomach. One week every month a girl starts bleeding." I explain.

"Bleeding where?" Newt asks. I look at Minho touching the blood on the pad and laugh.

"Down there." I reply. He throws the pad behind him and screams dramatically.

"You tell me I just touched blood coming out of your down there?!" He asks still screaming. I start laughing so hard, I hardly can control it.

"I warned you about not wanting to touch it." I say.
After a while the boys washed their hands and come back for another explanation. "So basically every month my system down there will have everything ready to make me pregnant but only if there is sperm involved." I say and they all nod.

"I don't give it, and my system starts crying blood for about a week long. That's technically what happens." I explain. They look shocked and confused.

"Does that hurt?" Frypan asks smiling softly.

"What do you think? I'm bleeding for bloody one week straight and you ask if it hurts? Of course it does!" I reply.

"Okay what about, you get a week of of chores and we'll see about next month?" Alby asks. I nod and everyone goes back to their jobs.

"That was so gross." Chuck replies when he walks away. I shake my head. They wanted to know and it was the funniest thing ever. I stand up from my position when I feel my stomach screaming at me.

I grip onto it and bend over just slightly to push more into it. It gets only worse and I fall to the ground because of the pain. "Summer!" I hear someone screaming. The pain gets me unconscious.