Chapter seventeen

Newt wakes me up and motions for us to get up quick. "I seriously hate you two so much already." Jorge says looking at Frypan and I. We pick our stuff up and start walking, it's still dark which means we only slept a few hours.

After walking a while we get to the building where this Marcus guy lives. Jorge goes in first and tackles the men full to the ground. We sit down while Jorge ties the men up to the chair. We see Thomas and Brenda on the ground, sleeping.

"They must've been really drunk." Jorge says. We look at him disgusted. Drunk? Sounds bad.

Jorge punches Marcus a couple of times before both Brenda and Thomas wake up. "You guys had fun last night!" Minho says laughing softly.

"Yeah well, at least we weren't going away without you guys." Thomas replies.

"Where is the right arm Marcus?!" Jorge screams.

"The right arm? Must be dead by now if you ask me." Marcus replies smiling while having bad wounds on his face which Jorge put there.

"Wait that is Marcus?" Thomas asks confused. We all nod. "What did you guys do after escaping?"

"We annoyed the heck out of Jorge." Frypan says which makes me smile.

"You two should be an annoying couple instead of complaining about your little boyfriend." Jorge says holding car keys in his hands.

"Sorry what did you just say?" I ask while standing up and walking towards him.

"I said that you should forget your boyfriend." He repeats a little nicer then first.

"Listen Jorge, first he wasn't my boyfriend, second don't put your big nose into my business if you don't want an angry teenage girl onto you!" I say loudly.

"What is an angry teenage girl gonna do against a full grown men?" Marcus asks laughing in the chair.

I turn to him and smile before I punch him in the face which makes him fall over and cry in pain. "That." I reply. Some look shocked but we all get into Marcus' car and drive away to the mountains.

"That was literally amazing Summer, what happened to the girl crying?" Newt asks smiling.

"She has died the moment we escaped the maze." I reply sighing. We arrive at a bridge which has a whole lot of cars parked. We get out.

"Guess we're gonna continue our journey walking." Jorge says while taking his bags. We all start walking towards the cars when all of a sudden people start shooting at us. We hide behind the cars and hope not to get hit when two girls point their guns at us.

We stand up when Aris starts smiling. "Harriet? Sonya!" He screams happily. Both girls embrace him screaming his name. We all look at the three. "We were in the maze together." He explains to us.

"We are here to find the right arm?" Brenda says.

"Then your on the right place." Sonya replies smiling. We follow them to the top of the mountain where a whole camp is set up. Everyone comes up to us not immediately trusting us though.

"And what are they doing here?" A men asks looking us up and down.

"They're friends, we can trust them." Harriet replies looking at Aris.

Brenda then faints, falling to the ground. "Check her." The men commands. Brenda has been infected with the Flare.

"No we can still safe her." A woman says. She looks up to us. "And you may be the cure." She says to Thomas. She takes both Brenda as Thomas with her.

We all just get on top of the mountain now were accepted. Thomas walks up to us and moves over to Teresa who looks out over the place. "After all this time, all these obstacles, we're finally safe." Frypan says smiling excitedly.

"We've been through a lot of ups and downs on the way." Minho says smiling weakly at me.

"More downs then ups if you ask me." I reply looking at the camp down. Frypan places his hand on my shoulder.

"We will always remember Chuck, Winston, Alby, Jeff, Clint, Ben, Zart, Gally,... as good people." Newt says smiling.

"Yeah, I just wish I could've told him." I reply looking at the sky. I pass my diary to Newt who opens it and reads.

"Dear Diary,
I can't believe I may like Gally. Today he let me carve my name into the wall with the names off all gladers which made me realize some of us didn't make it already. I couldn't carve my name into it because I'm weak so Gally placed his hands on top of mine to guide me and it felt amazing.

When we went back to our hammocks he grabbed my hand pulling me close to him. I have no idea why but I wished he kissed me right then and there. But still I feel like if he wanted, he would've kissed me anyway. Although Frypan tells me not to be such a pussy and just go for it...

They start laughing. "I did tell you to just kiss him, we don't care about that girl." Frypan says jokingly.