Chapter thirteen

We arrive at night in a facility and run inside. The doors close behind us and we get lead to a separate room. The doors open and a man stands in the way. "I'm Janson. You're safe now." He says smiling.

We follow him to the showers. We all shower but I just think about I lost him. I lost Gally. When I finish showering someone gives me new clothes. A black jeans and a grey crop top with long sleeves, also two braids in my hair. Some sneakers and she leads me to a testing lab.

"I'm just gonna take some tests okay?" She asks. I nod. I don't really care about anything this woman does to me right now. When she's done I get inside a room where Janson comes back to me and smiles.

"Now tell me, Summer. What do you remember about WCKD?" He asks softly. I just stare in front of me. He sits down and sighs. I still can't talk. "Let's get you to the others huh?" He asks. I nod.

I follow him to the cafeteria and I see a whole lot other children or my age sitting around. Frypan walks up to me and leads me to the table. I sit down and stare at my hands. "Are you okay Summer?" Newt asks a little worried.

"She might be in shock, did someone die or something?" Someone else asks. They all look at me worried. Frypan touches one of my braids and smiles.

"You look pretty cute like this." He says. I push his hand away and that's when Janson walks in again.

"If I call your name, you go to the back!" Janson says. He lists up a couple names and walks away again.

"Where are they going?" Minho asks curious.

"Some safe place, he can only bring so many every time. These lucky bastards." The boy from earlier says.

"How long have you guys been here?" Thomas asks.

"Not long, a day or two." Another one says. "See that dude over there, he's been here the longest."

Janson comes back. "Aris and Summer, you guys come with me." He says. I look up in pure fear.

"Where are you taking her?" Frypan asks.

"To her room." Janson replies. I follow him and the boy that's been here the longest called Aris. We get leaded to a room and locked up. I sit down on a bed and sigh.

"What's wrong?" Aris asks softly sitting down next to me. A tear falls down my cheek.

"I lost him! I lost Gally." I say softly sobbing.

"Did you like him?" Aris asks. I nod. "There was this girl in my maze, her name is Sonya. They took her to who knows where?" Aris replies.

"But I saw him dying Aris! Right in front of me! And I couldn't do anything!" I reply. He places an arm around me and pulls me closer. I slowly fall asleep.

I wake up by the sound of the doors that open and I walk outside the room with Aris for breakfast. "You okay?" He asks.

"Oh god, did I fall asleep on you?" I ask a little embarrassed.

"No, you didn't, don't worry." He says. We enter the cafeteria and I sit down next to Aris totally forgetting about the others until they call me.

"I'll be back soon." I say before walking up to them.

"Why don't you sit with us? Did we do something?" Minho asks. I shake my head and take a seat.

"It's about Gally isn't it?" Winston asks. I nod softly.

"He saved my life out there! If he wasn't there the griever would've killed me, and I couldn't safe him." I reply.

"We're really sorry but he killed Chuck!" Thomas replies.

"Yeah and he was stung!" I say back. "He was just as terrified as we were but he didn't want to leave the only place he remembered."

"That's being weak and stupid!" Thomas mumbles.

"No! That's called being realistic! I will never forgive myself for letting him die back there!" I say before going back to Aris. Frypan sits down next to me in front of Aris and Winston follows.

"We don't want our group to fall apart do we?" Frypan asks.

"No, but I just need time." I reply. Aris smiles at me.