not her

Callie pov

"dad" I say bringing him into a hug, with my arms wrapped around him I don't want to let him go, he's the only parents I have left and I don't want to leave him as we never know how long anyone has left on this earth before they are taken. Following my father inside he lends me to the sofa letting me talk about everything without judgement, he knows what I'm going though and once I'm finished telling him everything he brings me into a hug telling me everything going to be ok but is it, how am I suppose to know. I lost the love of my life and I'm not even thirty yet, I'm only twenty six and already lost so much. I turn twenty seven this week and I don't think I want to celebrate at all, this year hasn't been my best and I always had kai celebrating with me making it one to remember but this time I'm alone. 

Thanking my father for listening I head back home wanting to relax with a shower and a movie, I haven't watched much television since I been back and just having a calming night alone might be want I need, kai will always be with me in spirit. Driving home I go the long way thinking about my birthday now the thought inside my head, the boys are away so they wont be celebrating it with me and I haven't celebrate with my biology family in six years going on seven years so celebrating it alone doesn't bother me right now, maybe a couple of movies will do for that day and a tub of ice cream. Pulling outside I head inside changing into comfort clothes before sticking on a movie and relaxing, well the best I can as I'm not the best for staying still in one place for so long or relaxing at all. 

As the days fly pass nothing changes but as my birthday approaches I cant help but think about turning my phone off and ignoring the world but I promise Jacob parents I would come to there as they don't want to leave me alone on my birthday, I have already called in the garage and told matt I wont be there for a few days and he understood, I knew he would as he's been nothing but understanding since I been working with him, he's a gentleman like kai was and I knew they would of been good friends if they knew each other, I don't know how I feel about matt as kai is In my mind but I know theres more there then us being friends but I don't know if I could ever love someone like I love kai. Trying not to think about my love life I pack an overnight bag ready for my stay at Jacob parents, they have already called and wished me a good birthday before asking if I'm still coming, I love how they look after me but they do see me as there daughter. Throwing my overnight bag on the floor I unplug my laptop ready to take it but before I could turn it off I have an email and theres only a couple of people who email me on this account

To, Callie

from, the boys

cc: birthday girl

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! we would be screaming that if we was with you but unfortunately we aren't so this is the next best thing, we are sorry we cant celebrate with you but we hope you have a great day, we miss you and we have sent something in the post, Jacob mother should have it ready for you;) Don't get too drunk missy as we cant take any photos to embarrass you with but we do wish we was with you having a drink but have one for us will you. we love you, always your boys. 

Reading the email I cant help but laugh knowing full well they be screaming the song down my ear before I even got up, smiling to myself I cant believe how much I am missing them too, they are family. Packing my laptop I still have a smile on my face as I pack my car before leaving, hoping to get to Jacob parents house before its too late but I cant stop thinking about what they would of bought me, they alway get me something stupid but also something beautiful, like last year they bought me a huge teddy bear with words saying our girl and then a walking stick trying to say I'm getting old but thats not try. With everything in the car I make my way to Jacob parents excited for the gifts the boys have got me but I'm not ready for the stupid one, boys will always be boys.