32

~32~

~32~

We had been flying for hours, now having around 30-15 minutes left until we arrive. Colby and I ended up falling asleep a little after getting pastries from the flight attendant. I got a doughnut, jelly-filled, and enjoyed it while Colby had a glazed, which I said was too boring for my taste; He then continued to tell me how I was also in the wrong for linking Vanilla ice cream without toppings. We had a lengthy discussion about that.

The guys woke up around an hour or two after our departure, slowly but surely joining Colby and I's conversation. Sam was the first to wake, not surprising me whatsoever. He had woken from a bad dream, then continued to tell us about it. Apparently, he was being chased by a dark figure that he kept losing but finding again. But he also said the figure was a little familiar, which he thought was strange but didn't think much of it.

My mind, of course, filled with the need to give everything meaning, broke it down, and analyzed it. Not saying it aloud, I thought to myself, "That figure is yourself, the part of yourself you don't like. You said it was familiar because it was you, or a part of you. The reason you kept losing it was because you chose to ignore it, but that doesn't last long because it always finds its way back to you."

Instead, I said, "Wow, scary."

Corey was next to wake up, having to use the bathroom and not being able to fall asleep after. He joined in our conversion about the universe and aliens. For what it's worth, he agrees with me that aliens do exist, while Colby and Sam don't.

Jake woke up with a groan, complaining we were talking too loud and he couldn't get his "Beauty sleep." Corey continued to pester him until he finally joined us, sitting on the seat across from the four of us and still cradling his pillow close to him, his chin snuggled into the soft and plush material.

"Oh, I've actually never asked y'all this." I began, the mention of police during our conversation about good movies bringing an interesting question to mine. "What what the thing you first got arrested for?"

Corey's chuckle escalated into a full-blown laugh, his hand covering his eyes in embarrassment as he leaned back and then sat back up, "Oh my god, I think I have the best reason." he laughed.

"Non-sense." Jake shook his head, "Mines better."

"My reasons boring. Caught smoking week under the bleachers," said Sam.

"That is because you are a boring person brother." Jake teased, Sam sticking his tongue out at him in return to his comment.

"Yeah yeah." Sam dismissed him, a smile hidden in his scowl.

"Corey?" I say.

He cleared his throat, "I mooned a cop." he smirked.

I laughed, "What? As in flashing your bosom?" I narrow my eyes.