28

~28~Anonymous

~28~
Anonymous

I traced my finger over the keyboard, my eyes glued to the screen as the footage playing in front of me rolled for the 20th time in the past 30 minutes. I focused on the new face every time. Her movement, her face, her eyes. Everything about her. I was studying her and everything she did.

The anger coursing through my veins was unlike anything I've ever felt. Well, not quiet. I've always felt this rage, his hatred, but not specifically for this reason. Not for someone like her. It wasn't even her fault, it was his. He's the reason I'm where I'm at today, and she isn't. He's the reason she's dead...

Colby Brock.

The scum of the earth. My enemy. The person I loathe most in the world and want nothing more than to see them burn in hell for the sins he's committed. I want, no, need him dead. That's all I've ever wanted since setting eyes on him. I've tried, on multiple occasions, but it never works out.

He always fucking lives.

For years I've attacked him, sabotaged him, done everything I can to hurt him.. but no. He still breathes even when she is not.

Until I saw this video, I thought there was no way I could make him pay for his sins.

But alas, I see her.

The girl without a name.

She's pretty, painfully gorgeous. He seems to have a soft spot for her, maybe even a liking. It was disgusting. The smile he wore every time he talked to her, it wasn't right. Not for him. He deserved to be 6 ft under, rotting in a box. Hell, he didn't even deserve that.

He deserved worse.

This girl was the ticket to my happiness and his destructions.

"And you're sure?" I say, my eyes not straying from the screen.

The man in front of me nods, his bruised and cut-up skin barely visible under the dark setting of my office. Thank riddance. He was ugly to look at anyways.

I hum at his response, finally shutting the computer and standing up, hands planted on the desk. I tap my foot on the floor impatiently,
Thinking. I look up and meet his fearful eyes.

"Well." I smile, "This is quite the news." I say, clapping my hands together, "He's got a new pet. How absolutely amazing." I moved around the desk and approach him, "She's quite pretty, no?"

Mason's structure shifted a little as I got closer, his muscles tightening and his throat closing in fear. What a coward he was, a no-good waste of space. He was handsome though I have to admit, that's why it's a shame he has to die. But, I need a stress reliever. And murder is just what I need.

"I-I" he stuttered, only getting more nervous as I circled him and let my fingers drag against his tailored suit. "Well, I mean, sure but-"

"Wrong answer." I didn't let him finish.

He seemed to only freak out more by my answer.

"You know who's the most beautiful." I warn him, "Or has it been too long since Colby's done his deed and now you've forgotten?"

"N-n-no!" He quickly stuttered, "You're- uh, s-she was very beautiful! The most. Looked just like you and-" the words began to spill out of him as a way of hopefully redeeming himself.

Sadly, he didn't finish before I sliced his throat open with the blade off my desk. I did it without even flinching, the blood such a common sight for me and the face he made when the life was sucked out of him so expected. When his body fell to the ground and the fur carpet beneath him began to puddle with blood, I sighed in enjoyment, scrapping the blood off my letter opener and then setting it back down.

I wiped the excess blood on my pants.

I stare at the body with my hands on my hip. I slightly regret it now, only because now there's a dead body in my office.

Oh well.

I had killed too many people to count, all without mercy, all with a smile. It's my way of making up for the one person who should still be alive.

And a way to get over the hatred for the one who shouldn't.

I walk back around my desks and take a seat, opening back up my computer and sending the footage to a few of my colleagues. I needed a name and information on her, wherever they may find it. I would pay whatever. After all, money's not the issue here.

The issue was figuring out how I was going to kill her.

"Mr.Brown." I call out, hearing footsteps enter the room but not looking up to meet the face, "Please have this body removed from my office and get me some chocolate. I have cravings." I tell him.

When there was no reply I knew he had left the room.

I looked back over the footage, pausing in the spot I could most clearly see her face.

If my daughter didn't deserve to live, she shouldn't either.

I look over at the picture sitting on my desk, the young teenager who sat next to me with her arm wrapped tightly around my shoulder as she took the selfie I hated at the time. I don't hate it anymore. It's my favorite picture now, even if it carries dark memories.

My sweet sweet daughter.

My sweet Ana lee.

"Don't worry my doll." I look back at the screen, at the girl who was my ticket to revenge. "He'll be hurting soon enough." I grin.

***

A/n:

Very short chapter but very necessary😌🤚🏻