13

~13~

~13~

When I was 13, I was invited to my first ever party (I mean technically everyone was invited, but I chose to look at it as if I was invited personally).

I remember sneaking out of the orphanage that night so I could go since the curfew was 7 and I wasn't allowed out after or else I would face serious consequences. It was so stressful but so worth it at the time.

I guess that night I thought I could turn my life around and make a few friends, you know, see where the night takes me?

Well.. that's not how it went at all.

The party I went to was a high-schooler's party. And as a high-schooler, drinking seemed like the coolest thing to do. It was like a right of passage to drink alcohol if you wanted to be cool, or something like that.

Now you see, I didn't know this. I walked into that crowded house of bodies expecting to see coolers of sodas and waters, and of course pizza and chips. But no, there was only beer and liquor.

I left almost immediately, not wanting to get involved with the very drink that I had been familiarized within my past. I chose to stay away from it for a reason. And let's just say I never trusted parties after that..

Now, walking into the strip club was like taking the first step onto a new planet; a crazy, exotic, and different planet. Scandal was like if you mixed a strip club with red wine and cocaine if that made sense. The lighting was dark, the girls were dancing, and the guests were cheering them on while they drank too many drinks to count. It was insane.

Colby indeed had VIP access to the top balcony view, which we had to ourselves.

Upon walking into the club, we were guided graciously by our half-naked hostess, who wore tight leather clothing (and by clothing I mean basically undergarments). She rocked it too, swaying with confidence as she guided us up the stairs and into the vacant area filled with tables and our own personal bar.

She booped my nose as she walked away too, which I found strange but alluring at the same time. I knew I blushed hard, meaning she accomplished what she was aiming to do. Do I know what that is?.. Maybe..

It was no new news to me that I was attracted to both males and females. It's something I discovered in my youth and I have come to terms with it over the years. Now, this doesn't mean I waved this fact around carelessly; I mean, who would have I waved it to? I had no friends so I guess I had nothing to worry about. Now I do have "friends", but, I don't think they would mind.

But even then I am not about to go randomly kiss a girl, hell, I don't even do that with guys. As I said, it was a fact I was aware of, not a fact I act on.