26

~26~

~26~

"I'm not sure I understand why we're doing this." I hiss to Devyn. She was plopped on a chair with a drink in her hand and her eyes focused on Colby as he inspected the so-called 'cue sticks'. He looked at me, held up a stick, and then set it back down to look at the other ones. Almost like he was measuring them to my size.

"You'll see, trust the master here." She said, not reassuring me at all.

"So." Colby appeared behind me and I yelped, turning and bumping into him. How am I this much of a clutz? I laugh it off and pat his shoulder, taking a step back. He grinned at my strange movements and placed his hand on my bare lower back, guiding me towards the green pool table.

His touch was life fire on my skin. It caused a reaction I didn't even know what to call.

"The game is pretty simple. It requires aim, thought, and control." He tells me, placing the cue stick in my hands and putting his hands on my waist. I almost flinched at how ticklish I was to his touch. While I was trying not to eternally freak out, he positioned me the way he saw fit and then removed his hands.

Okay. That's done.

His body bender over mine and his hands grasped mine as he then moved them to the correct spots on the stick and table. My breathing hitched at our current structure and I felt my face heat up.

With his naked chest pressed against my back, I felt the warmth of his body. It was so weird. So strange. So foreign.

"So." He whispered, lips right next to my ear. His hot breath sending shivers down my spine.
His grip on my right hand, which he held firmly to the back of the stick, got tighter as he continued to instruct me. "You see the white ball?" He continued to teach in a hushed tone.

I hear a few giggles from behind us and I knew it came from the girls. I'm fact, we basically had an audience. Them, the guys, and whoever else wanted to see the game. It was horrible having all the attention on us but I didn't focus too much on it with Colby's body so close to mine. I mostly focused on what was happening with him.

"You aim the cue like this." the grip on his back had tightened as he moved the stick back and forth, pointing it at the white ball that sat on the table. "Then, you shoot back and hit it." His hand shot back no more than an inch and the stick came in contact with the ball, hitting it right in the middle and shooting it into the triangular form of colorful balls. They spread throughout the table.

"Great shot." Colby's body released mine and I stood straight almost immediately, my body missing his warm touch.

"You're the one who shot it though," I question, staring at the table and taking a sip from my drink that had originally been sat on the shiny wood.

"Yeah, but you had great form." He grinned, emphasizing the great. I nearly spit out my drink by how he said that, but I didn't. My eyes only widened as I kept them averted from him.