C h a p t e r 3 5

Rosaline

two months later

"You know, you and Nicholas have such a great bond, " Claire told me while we were plucking roses from the garden.

"Why do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean that you guys are deeply in love with each other. One glance and anyone can see that you guys have such a strong bond, " she explained.

I blushed a little as I tilt my head down a little.

"We're not in l-love, " I whispered out while I clip the thorns off the rose and put it in the basket.

I heard her snickered as she snips away the thorns, "don't lie. You guys may have not confessed to each other but we all know you guys are in love."

I blushed, not saying anything as we silently pick out the rest of the roses.

When we were done we gave it to Claire's and Nicholas's mom who was cooking something in the kitchen. She smiled at us and said something to Claire which made her look at me and laughed. I furrowed my eyebrows confused, but chose not to say anything.

Once we were done we left to fold the towels that we put in the laundry machine earlier.

"Oh, Rosaline! I forgot to remind you this earlier."

"Remind me what?"

"Nicholas's birthday is in four days, and I need help with getting him a gift."

The towel in my hand dropped as I spin around and look at Claire with wide eyes, "how come no one ever told me that?! I didn't know!"

She covered her mouth as her eyes widen as well, "he didn't tell you?"

I shook my head negative, "well then you better come up with somethi-oh! I got it! You can confess to him. That will be the perfect gift!"

"What?!"

My heart was racing while my head was spinning. Birthday? Confession? What?

"N-no! I doubt he's ready for the l-word stage, " I told her.

Her lips turn into a sly smile, "oh if only you know."

"What?"

"Nothing!" She said with a smiled on her face.

"But help me get a gift later, okay? And think tonight about your feelings about him. If what I'm saying is right, you got a gift for him already."

I pressed my lips together as I went back to folding the towels. My heart does race when I see him. I feel hurt when Rachel is around him, or any other girl. I missed him when he is gone too long. But is that because I'm in love or is it because he's my boyfriend and I like him?

Ugh! It was getting so confusing.

-*-

"Nicholas!"

I ran over to him and gave him a tight hug as he chuckled and hug me back.

"I see that I was well missed. How are you, my little rose."

I smiled and peck his cheek, "great. Your mom, sister and I just finished cooking dinner. Hurry and come down before the food gets cold."

I pushed him towards his bedroom, making him glared at me a little before he went inside. I helped set the food and plates on the table while his parents were talking to each other.

"You guys did a wonderful job. Thank you, " was the first thing Nicholas said when he came down.

He sat next to me and served the food to my plate first before digging in, in his food. I saw the way Claire and his mom looked at each other when they saw Nicholas served me the food first. I thanked Nicholas and ate the food as well.

After dinner, we all helped clean up before doing whatever we wanted to do for the rest of the evening. When I finished helping out I went out into the garden where Nicholas went. I walk up next to him and silently stared at the sky. From the corner of my eyes, I could tell he was spacing out.

"You didn't tell me your birthday is in four days, " I accused him after a bit of staring.

His lips parted as he looked at me, "who told you?"

"That doesn't matter. But why didn't you tell me? Don't you want me to surprise you?"

He shook his head as he wrapped his arms around me, "don't get the wrong idea. that's not why. It's just that I feel like my birthday is just another day. But if you want we can celebrate it. You and me."

I smiled at him and rest my head on his chest, "that's sounds good."

I savory that moment and cuddled closer to him as the cold evening breeze blew against us. He rests his chin on my head as he kept his hold on me.

"I love you, " a very faint voice said, so low that it was almost undetectable to hear.

I slightly gasp as my heart raced. Did he say that or am I'm just imagining things? Maybe Claire's words are getting in my head.

I felt Nicholas tuck his head on my neck and rocked us back and forth while we stood in the garden.

I didn't know why, but I knew I wouldn't mind if he actually did tell me that he loves me. It felt so warm and sweet like it was meant to be said by him.

Maybe Claire is right. I do love him.

I smiled and hugged him tighter, "my sweet bear."

~*•Author's Note•*~

This story is getting closer to the end!
I'm not sure if I covered everything I wanted to in this story, but I will see what I'm missing as I write the next chapters as this story starts to end.

Stay safe y'all.
Make sure to wear your mask, clean your hands, don't touch your face,
and stay 6 feet apart! Or just stay at home!

Don't mind my poor grammar, typo, mistake, and misspelling.

Make sure to VOTE and COMMENT

Until next time