C h a p t e r 2 7

Rosaline

My fingers were tracing Nicholas's arm that had some tattoos filled on it. One, in particular, had a rose blossoming. You're my little rose.

A smile grew on my face as I traced it.

"What are you smiling about?"

I looked up and saw Nicholas looking at me with some papers in his hands, "the rose on your arm." He looked at the tattoo I was pointing at and smiled, "my little rose." He pitches my cheeks then got back to his work.

I semi glared at him for pitching my cheeks but stop and went back to tracing over his arm.

"Do you normally work from home?"

"No," I looked up and stared at him.

"Then why are you here? Don't you have a business to run?"

He didn't look up when he said, "because you're here."

I shy away and started to become a bit shy. That was unexpected. He looked up and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Y-you can always facetime me, " I suggested.

I didn't want to be the reason why his business is failing. I would hold a grudge against him for a long long time.

"But I want to see you in person. Not over the phone."

My heart melted.

"How about I visit you every so often. You get to see me and I can have me time."

He thought for a second before nodding his head.

-*-

A week have passed and Nicholas was finally going back to work. But he didn't leave without a protest. Meanwhile, I am getting ready to go out with Jeremy. Jeremy suggests for us to hang out since he was forced to bodyguard me.

"Jeremy! Hurry up!" I yelled out.

I heard loud stomping before Jeremy came down and finally opened the door for me.

"What took you so long?"

"Your boyfriend was checking on me to see if I was actually watching you. He also said for you to come to his office when we are done doing whatever."

"We get to go see his office!?" I whispered shouted.

I was smiling in excitement as he nodded his head at me, "well, let's get going then!"

"We should stop at Rachel's café and get some cookies for Nicholas, " I said after we were done shopping.

All the bags were in the truck and the few bags that didn't fit were in the backseats. It was Jeremy who bought the most stuff, not me. I couldn't find anything that I wanted to buy.

"Sure thing. But you are going to go buy it, I have to attend a phone call."

I nodded my head as the car parked in front of the café. I grabbed the credit card Nicholas gave to me and went inside the café.

"Welcom-oh, Rosie. Is Nicholas with you?"

I turn to my left and saw Rachel looking at me with a cup of coffee in her hands.