Eighteen: 1 New Message

Start from the beginning

1 New Message (Harvey Elias Hughes)

Harvey (7:02 pm): Hi

Holy shit. He remembered.

I didn't think he would remember. Although I was constantly checking my phone during my trip to avoid any unnecessary confrontation with Nick, Harvey kept his words. He didn't text me at all when I was in New York. I haven't heard from him for a week now.

Me (8:03 pm): Hi....Has it been a week already?

Of course it had been a week. I've been checking my phone all day for his text or call like an idiot, which led me to silencing my phone because it was driving me crazy.

Harvey (8:04 pm): One hell of a week.

Me (8:05 pm): I can't believe you remembered.

Harvey (8:05 pm): of course I remember. And if you're wondering, it's a Yes.

Me (8:05 pm): What? Yes to what?

Harvey (8:06 pm): Yes, I'm still very much interested, even though I was ghosted for a week.

I couldn't contain myself. I giggled like a silly girl. I could feel my smile defying the elasticity of my face.

"Here, wipe that drool off of your face," Megan teased, handing me the napkin that she just folded. I laughed at her gesture and pouted my lips in defeat.

Me (8:07 pm): From what I recall, that was your idea.

Harvey (8:07 pm): I figured it was either that or you blocking me. The former was definitely a more tolerable option. I think a treat is in order.

Me (8:07 pm): Lol a treat? What are you? A dog?

Harvey (8:07pm): Woof. An obedient one. So, dinner tonight?

Me (8:08 pm): Wow, you don't waste time at all, huh?

Harvey (8:08 pm): Well, I did ask for a rain check. Also, you put me in the dark for a week, I think you owe me for that.

Me (8:08 pm): Correction, you put yourself in the dark for a week.

Harvey (8:08 pm): Dinner it is! Where should I pick you up?

Me (8:09 pm): haha. You're unbelievable. But, as much as I would love to, I'm working right now until 10.

Harvey (8:09 pm): Do you really think I would let your work get in the way of our first date?

Me (8:09 pm): Who said anything about a date?

Harvey (8:09 pm): When a man asks a woman to go out for dinner, that's generally considered a date.

Me (8:10 pm): You just have an answer to everything, don't you?

Harvey (8:10 pm): I've had a long week to prepare.

My face hurt from smiling too much. I felt the heat burning my cheeks. I looked around to check if anyone had noticed how much of a clown I turned into. I was regretting having to work until close tonight. I wished Ryan would just close an hour early, but the night was so busy. We still had several reserved tables on the list. The dark clouds were slowly hovering over my head. It was just not meant to be.

Me (8:11 pm): Restaurants will be closed by the time I get off work. Unless you plan on taking me to a 24 hours drive thru McDonalds.

Harvey (8:11 pm): Do I strike you as a cheap date kind of guy?

Me (8:11 pm): I don't know. I don't really know who you are.

Harvey (8:11 pm): Don't worry, you will. Stefani Steakhouse, let's say 10:15 pm. Can I pick you up after work?

Me (8:12 pm): Actually, I can meet you there. It's just in the next plaza from my work.

Harvey (8:12 pm): I know. That's why I suggested it. I did my research.

Me (8:12 pm): I guess you really did put that week to good use.

Harvey (8:12 pm): sure did

Me (8:12 pm): Please don't dress up. I don't wanna feel underdressed since I'll be wearing my work clothes.

Harvey (8:13 pm): No worries, I bet you'll still look astonishing.

Me (8:13 pm): Astonishing? You're a silly man Mr. Hughes.

Harvey (8:13 pm): Did that make you smile?

Me (8:13 pm): Maybe...

Harvey (8:13 pm): Then silly I am. (; I'll get ready now and see you soon beautiful.

I blushed as I re-read the message and cited the word astonishing out loud.

"A-S-T-O-" I jumped as Megan started spelling it into my ears. "What?!"

"Oh, I thought you were wondering how to spell the word astonishing. I was just trying to help a friend out," she winked.

A/N: It has been a LONG time since I've been on wattpad. 2020 has been a crazy year to say the least. I hope everyone is safe.

I'm excited for whats to come for Ally and Harvey!

***Don't forget to vote and leave your thoughts in the comment box. Thank you! Gracias! Maraming Salamat. Merci. Grazie. Xièxiè. Arigatō!***