33

Cain's POV

"I don't understand....so it means Ava is really missing?" I asked to Mr. Mendes.

"Yes, we don't know where she is. We also thought she was with you."

I looked at Rebecca, Ava's twin. She's unconscious because Zeilyn drugged her. We can't let her escape.

"When we got back from our trip, she was already acting weird. Ava changed the day we went back." I said.

It's true. Why didn't realized that sooner that something was off. Ava wouldn't act that way.

"Maybe she already knew about Rebecca? But she kept it from herself?" Mrs. Mendes asked.

"Wait...." Zeilyn said.

"Maybe she was already missing the day you went back?" Zeilyn continued.

I stop for a while about what she said. Zeilyn has a point, what if Ava was already missing the day we went back? But how? We were always together when we went back.

"So you mean,  Brianna is missing for three weeks now?" Mr. Anderson asked.

"Oh my gosh. Bryce, where the hell is our Brianna? This can't be happening....." Mrs. Anderson said. She's starting to get worried a lot.

I was about to speak when we all heard Rebecca. She's starting to wake up.

Zeilyn went to her and took off her blind fold. She opened her eyes and saw us.

"I'm gonna ask this once, where's Brianna?" Zeilyn asked.

"I... don't.... I don't know."

Zeilyn slapped her.

"Zeilyn please! She's my daughter too!"

"Where the hell is Brianna!?" Zeilyn repeated.

I stood up and went in front of her. I'm trying to calm myself not to hurt her, I just need to know where my wife is.

"I-I can't tell you..." Rebecca answered.

"C'mon Leigh, you don't need to see this." Mrs. Mendes said. 

"I'll go with you. We'll take care of Cortis." Said Mr. Mendes.

They assisted Mrs. Anderson out of the room. Zeilyn, Mr. Anderson and I was left inside the room with Rebecca.

"Rebecca we don't want to hurt you, just tell us where your sister is." Mr. Anderson said with a warning voice.

"I-I can't... You don't.... understand."

I arched my eyebrows when Rebecca started to cry.

"Oh please, stop your drama right now." -Zeilyn.

"We're not gonna hurt you, just tell us where your sister is "- Mr. Mendes.

I looked straight at Rebecca.

"Please, Rebecca. I need to find my wife. I don't know where she or how is she. Please, Cortis needs her." I beg.

Tears started to ran down on her face.

"I-I want her life..... i want Ava's life...." She said.

"What the hell do you mean?" Zeilyn asked.

Rebecca looked at me. I waited for her response.

"I-I want to have a family so bad...b-but I can't...."

I don't know what she's talking about.

"I-I found out that I was infertile....my husband wanted to leave me because I couldn't give him a child..."

"T-Then I saw Ava on the news when she gave birth.....She married a Marquis, a very wealthy man. But I never wanted to have her husband or any of his wealth...."

"I-I wanted to have what she had....a family.....to have a  kid....I thought it would be easy switching lives with her."

"You can never replace my wife. I understand what you're going through, Rebecca. But you can't just take Ava's life like that. " I said.

"Ava will always be Ava. No one can replace that brat." Zeilyn said.

I stepped forward to be closer to Rebecca.

"Please, tell me where my wife is. " I beg her.

Ava's POV

Kakagising ko lang. It's already 7pm. Shit. I forgot to have dinner. I can't skip any meals.

Dahan dahan akong tumayo. Napahinto ako sa tapat ng vanity mirror. Pinagmasdan ko yung sarili ko.

May pasa at sugat ako sa gilid ng labi ko. May iilang bruises rin ako sa braso ko.

I can't help but to cry. This is worst than having a zero balance in my credit card.

I hate this feeling. This is the first time that men overpowered me and I can't do anything.

Hubby, what's taking you so long to find me? I don't know how much I can bare this. But I'll do everything for our baby, I won't let anything hurt us again.

Napalingon ako sa pinto nang bigla itong bumukas.

It's Noah, may bitbit itong tray na may pagkain. Dumeretso ito sa kama para ilapag ito.

"Babe you need to eat something, it's not good for our baby " seryosong sabi nito.

Natatakot ako na baka saktan niya ako. Nanatili akong nakatayo sa may salamin.

Bigla itong naglakad palapit sakin. Napaurong ako ng lakad, pero hinawakan niya yung braso ko.

"N-Noah please .." pagmamakaawa ko.

Bigla niyang hinawi yung buhok ko. Lumapit ito lalo at hinalikan ako sa noo.

"I'm sorry, I'll never hurt you again. I just got carried away " seryosong sabi nito.

Sapilitan ako nitong niyakap. Napapikit ako para pigilan na tumulo yung luha ko.

"I'm sorry babe. I promise it won't happen again, let's start over." Rinig kong sabi nito.

Cain please, find me. I don't want to stay here any longer. I need you.

Kumalas ito ng pagkakayakap. Hinawakan niya yung kamay ko at dahan dahang hinila papunta sa kama. Inalalayan niya akong umupo.

"You should eat a lot. I cooked all of this." Nakangiti nitong sabi.

Napatingin ako sa pagkain na nasa harapan ko. I missed eating together with Cain. I know he doesn't cook well but I always appreciate his efforts.

Kumuha ng soup si Noah. Inihipan niya ito saglit at sinubo sakin.

Hindi na ako nagsalita pa. Sumunod nalang ako sa gusto niya.

I know I'll be out of here any time. I'm gonna make sure the both of them will pay for this. Just wait, for my husband.

Cain's POV

Cortis and I are still at the Mendes' mansion. I'll go out tomorrow, I need to leave Cortis here.

I'm sitting on the sofa while holding my hand gun and a glass of vodka. I looked at son, he's sleeping peacefully on his bed.

I took my glass and drank all the liquor. I put my gun on the table then I stood up and walked towards his bed.

I sat on his side while he's still sleeping.

"I'm gonna find your your mommy. I won't stop til I do, I promise." I said to him.

I looked at the door as it started to open. I stood up quickly when I saw Rebecca.  She closed the door and went inside.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" I asked.

She looked at Cortis then went back to look at me.

"I'll help you find her. I'm not sure where she is but I know a place where she might be." Rebecca said.

-----