Chapter 19- investigations

Start from the beginning

I sat huddled on my chair, rather embarrassed with the two men's immature behaviour. This should've gone professionally and smoothly whereas Harry would be arrested and in a jail cell, not sitting here in charge as if he was the king's successor. My mind reeled at the thought of him rotting in prison, wearing the same uniform with his hair-

"Listen carefully Styles. If I were you I'd sit here begging for my life and a reprieve, and of course not try and provoke the detective into a rage! For the love of God, Where's your internal ethic?" He leant forward in his chair, spitting the words through clenched teeth as his hands grasped the armrests tightly.

"Are you saying I should bung you?" Harry challenged though something stood up through the blatant sarcasm in his emerald eyes. Maybe disgust?

And with that, I had come to the conclusion that Jonas was utterly short tempered with anger issues. He shot up from his chair and shoved the desk emphatically out of his way.

A gasp illicit through my throat at the loud thud and I brought my knees up to my chest in fear like I used to do when I sought comfort. I wanted to leave.

"You are not to talk back to me because I'm empowered to do whatever I want with you. My witness and opinion on your case is extremely important and a first impression could help a lot, and I don't need your bribe." He ranted in Harry's face, hand fisting his shirt roughly. I wouldn't be surprised if a few saliva drops landed on Harry's defined jawline.

Harry looked brassed off, his eyes were immediately pervaded with exasperation as he stared at the ignorant detective before him.

"Off you go your majesty, hit me." Harry's gaze burnt into Jonas' eyes as his lip twisted upward in a vague smirk. Wasn't he angry? Jonas tightened his grip around Harry's shirt, his teeth chattering as if they might crack as he brought his red face closer to Harry's. However, Harry didn't even flinch as he just raised one eyebrow daringly. That boy just had no fears, and the show was continued.

"I know you want it, you want to collide your fist with my face so hard I'd fall unconscious and then punch me 'till my heart stops beating. Correct or correct?"

Jonas squinted his eyes shut and let go of Harry's shirt as if he was concentrating on breathing. Inhale exhale inhale exhale... Calm down Jonas.

Harry ran his tongue over his white teeth as his eyes averted to mine. I instantly looked away, too shy and scared of his manipulative, strong self. I had seen many belter and roaster guys in my life, though I had to admit Harry was just flawless.

The dark mop of perfect curls on his head, those mesmerising jade like eyes framed with long dark eyelashes, towering height and plump heart-shaped lips that could surely give some conspicuous love bites. Holy shit.

I tried to fill my mind with soothing sights so only my body would have to go through such a situation, my soul wandering elsewhere. I had to restrain my disgusting attraction to that bloody felon.

The image of a slow-swinging hammock under palm trees, on an island someplace started forming in my mind. At evening, with a rhythmic sound of languid water lapping hypnotically against a beach nearby. The sound of horses' hooves crashing with the soft sand inspired the air-

"You're so blooming manipulative, it drives me out of my mind."

Jonas' voice cut me out of my trance, his eyes still shut whereas mine flew open. My eyebrows knitted together, tired of their tedious fight.

"I'm not sure manipulative's the precise word but whatever floats your boat." Harry shrugged with a smirk.

His smirk didn't look tentative let alone frightened, it was just smug. He felt in control. A shudder climbed up my spine, there had to be something making him feel this way because usually attitude doesn't come alone.

"You know what? I'm not gonna hit you because I'm a decent man, which you obviously aren't." He opened his eyes as his venomed voice came out, his index bony finger pointed right at Harry's chest as if trying to convince himself rather than Harry.

Harry just stared at him, bored.

"I honestly don't know how you can live with yourself after all you've done, you monster. Look at the poor girl curled up into herself in fear of you. All you ever do is play with emotions. And if you're free, you play with human flesh and people's lives." The detective rested both his elbows on Harry's chair as he leant closer to him, trying to cause intimidation and pin him with his harsh gaze.

Harry's eyes grew darker and his eyebrows touched each other in anger, his strong jaw locked, driving him to his dark side which unfortunately, too many people got to face. The thought of myself floating to the spotlight of their attention sickened me to no end as I just shoved my back farther into the solid chair, wishing to disappear or just turn invisible.

What he did next took me by complete surprise: his mouth formed an O shape and saliva shot out. The spit landed just below Jonas' left temple and it slowly dripped down his face. Jonas looked utterly gobsmacked as the gross liquid ran down his face. He reached a finger and angrily wiped it off his face.

I stealthily gasped, didn't think he'd take it to such extreme extent and go so nasty. You should respect the old.

A raspy, sarcastic laugh was heard as Harry jetted in his trapped state, looking at the fuming man with sinister amusement whereas Jonas had a sickened look in his shining eyes.

"You're such a coward."

Harry threw his head back in growing laughter, his strong stomach vibrating along.

"And you're fucking disgusting." I grimaced as he swore, never had I heard a policeman swear. They were always so courteous and willing to move into action. My discomfort was singled out as Jonas noticed and immediately sauntered closer to where I was seated, a rueful expression splattered across his face.

"None of this was supposed to happen, please accept my apology because stuff got a little out of hand. Will you still be able to function in court in two days though?" He asked offhandedly, some of his anger diminishing as his eyes met mine. I let my hand fall back to the white armrests, though my knees remained on the chair, not adding much to my courtesy but I guess fear has a mind of its own.

"He'll be fully tied u-up, won't he?" I confessed my lingering anxiety out loud, sinking my teeth into my lower lip.

"Into rhetorical questions, are we?" Jonas' lips tugged upward in a small smile as if imploring me to get this over with.

My gaze drifted to Harry who had abstruse and disdain written all over his face, sending my angst up a notch. He had noticed my stare and offered me his best counterfeit smile, his left cheek indenting into a huge dimple.

I nodded my head, not really paying much attention to the questions I was asked or the possibility of me passing out in the middle of it all.

"Looking forward to seeing you again, Gwendolyn." The thick layer of ridiculousness designated his raspy voice as I was led out of the dull room.

Let's hope the pattern 'with a new day come new strength and thoughts' works out for me as well.

A/N

HELLO GORGEOUS PEOPLE, IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG.

I WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT EACH VOTE & COMMENT MAKES ME SMILE LIKE A MASSIVE DIMWIT BECAUSE IM SO IN LOVE WITH YOU GUYS XX

HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER :)