16. The Way You Used To Love Me

The Dreamer:

How do you deny your heart to feel? How do you fool it to believe it is strong enough? Especially when you know you’re so so weak to the way he can enchant you to a level of utmost powerlessness…

“I didn’t know you could sing” he spoke being completely unaware of how many nights I had spent crying to myself begging to my cruel fate to hear that deep lulling bass of his voice…praying that I may never forget it because of the way it could make me dream.

“That was a brilliant performance by the way, and congratulations” he smiled making me feel more defenceless.

So, I looked away, walking to the table where I had left my stuff and packed them up unmindfully, my head was utterly messed up and I wasn’t sure what I was going to do.

I had so much to say to him…but couldn’t decide where to begin.

“Hey…ready to go?” Dad peeked inside the green room, eyes moving from me to Taehyung as he caught the hint of awkward tension in between us “your Mum’s waiting in the car”.

I nodded and he spoke to a fidgety Taehyung next “if you don’t have plans then do join us for dinner” both of them then turned to me as if asking me if it was okay as I stood there awkwardly in the middle of the entire mess.

“Y-Yeah…let’s go…I’m tired…” wrong choice of words again I guess since now both of them looked worried and came forward to help me carry my stuff, pulling my bag n stuff away to carry those against my several assurances that I’m fine and I don’t need them to help me out or anything but neither of them listened.

Dad headed ahead and the two of us walked through the hallway as several people congratulated me, and although I was busy nodding and bowing to their appreciation, I could feel Taehyung’s eyes on me as he walked along with me. A silent company and yet I felt like suddenly I had the world on my side again…

It’s happening again…I have been craving so utterly for a bit of tenderness that he’s winning over me without even trying…

The ride back was the most awkward situation I have faced in my life!

No one spoke except Mum and I bet the rest of us were just trying to survive the short ride, and I was madly praying that she wouldn’t just blurt out about me being pregnant…I still need time to get there, to know why he is here, what is it that he is here for n where do we stand.

He said he had met Moonbyul but I don’t remember her telling me anything about it…I don’t understand what is actually going on.

However, one thing I’m very sure about…my mum seems delighted to have him here, I pray she won’t say anything to him that’d make me seem like a complete fool but you know how she is…sigh…I just wish I could make her understand that things between me and Taehyung were very different from how it looked.

When I told her about the escapade I had had in Vienna n how I had met Taehyung there, she seemed enraptured by it all. She thinks he loves me and it’s all romantic and stuff, how we had started out n how he had promised to come back to find me…but the truth is even I don’t know if it’s actually love he felt for me…his actions n sudden outburst of rage made me feel that probably it was some sort of wild infatuation he had felt for me, which when threatened with an unlikely circumstance…broke his dream…

And I believed it was over between us…that he had fallen out of love…I had seen it in his eyes that day on the pavement…he didn’t look at me the way he used to…that day there was no trace of fondness or love…all that burned in his eyes was anger and hatred…in that moment he hated me for breaking his dream…and I felt that in that moment of hatred we had lost all our love and all our dreams…