7. All of Me

The Artist:

I watched him with unblinking eyes as the entire compound filled with the delightful music his waltzing fingers created. His eyes closed in concentration as he played the instrument with a love too large to miss, his body swaying as he worked tirelessly to let out flutters of joyous symphonies into the air, draping the entire space in an Elysian aura.

“He is really good” I nodded to Yoongi’s words by my side.

“If only I could make him believe it” I spoke keeping my eyes on the side of Jin’s face, catching that soft smile that played at his lips.

I don’t know what to call this pride that fills me to see him up there, happily glowing in delight, vibrantly alive...I can almost feel the warmth and glow of the halo he wears right now...    

He must have felt my gaze when he momentarily turned to me, smile brightening as our eyes caught. I had to gulp the words I wanted to scream to him and instead pulled a smile for him. He did that cute blinking game he at times plays, smile turning brighter in child-like glee and I had to bite down at my lips.

It’s getting more and more difficult to keep my sanity around him, need growing wild to claim all of him as my own. 

We are at Yoongi’s music school, and although he gave me a lame excuse of his pianist coming down with the flu to have me bring Jin over, but I am 110% sure that Jin’s little performance at Jimin’s apartment had snatched his attention and he being the talent hunter quite easily caught on the urge to listen to Jin’s playing again.

So here I was, standing at the edge of the large room with my eyes trained on Jin while all else seemed to fade away into thin air.

I couldn’t hold back the urge to be near him anymore and walked straight towards the flame calling onto me, side stepping all the figures practicing around the hall, couldn’t care less about all the eyes judging my steady steps as I closed in on Jin.

He looked a bit startled to see me suddenly so close, brown eyes wide as he looked up at me and I didn’t waste a single minute more. Pulling my hands out of my pockets I leaned down to him, cupping the back of his head as I gently pushed his mouth on mine, trapping him in my gentle caresses as I kissed him without a regard of the world.

I never thought I would fall so hard for anyone…told myself that I’d learn to make do with some bland loving just to get through those sleepless nights, never thought life would take me by my hand to lead me to face him…  

He stayed stunned for a bit before kissing me back unsurely, his fingers had paused and the room filled with murmurs as I tried to pull away, half cursing myself for the insanity that was fast settling in my head.

But the world has no right to blame me…if he demands to take away all of me from myself then I don’t mind dissipating away to be one with him

I pulled away, thumbing away at his lips, and then being drawn to put a peck again before I stepped away, eyeing him and saw his eyes follow me, his knowing gaze holding onto me pensively. He knows how well he can play with me, he knows how desperate he makes me and yet smiles seeing my helplessness.

He knows my secret, and yet tries to hide his secrets from me.

It was in that moment, that short snap of a second when life threw at me the truth that would forever haunt me...
I need him to stay so that I can call this life my own because if he leaves he’ll be taking all of me with him.

My jaw clenched as my eyes stayed on him ceaselessly as I waited while he had resumed playing the piano again, waited as patiently as I could till he walked back to me, easing close to my side till our shoulders brushed while he spoke with Yoongi.