Chapter 41-Should I befriend her?

Start from the beginning

"It was of no use Sid" I said.

"May be, but just for my satisfaction, I wanted to dig deeper but you didn't let me. I still can't settle with the fact that she chose Mohit over you just for money because let's be honest, you and me both know that she was never a gold digger" he said.

I looked out of the window.

After thinking for sometime, I said "what do you want Sid?"

"I just want to know the truth, why she left you" he said.

"And I told you the reason like hundred times" I said, frustrated.

"There's something more to it. I don't know but I've a feeling that there's something that they hid from us. You remember, Kriti used to pester me a lot to talk to me but the day you and Siya broke up, she stopped talking to me altogether" he said.

"I know but maybe she stopped talking to you because she wasn't feeing comfortable talking to you as we both were flat mates and any news related to could make Siya upset" I said.

I can't believe we're having this discussion again.

"I don't know Akash but whatever it is, I really need to find out" he said.

"Do whatever you want" I said and then I drove in silence.

We reached the office shortly and parking my car, we went to our cabins.

"So now tell me, how are you going to make sure that Kriti reports to you and Siya reports to me?" I asked him, once we got settled in our respective cabins.

"That's my problem dude. You just wait and watch" he said, grinning.

I smiled at his antiques.

After discussing some strategies for project, we went to cafeteria and decided to visit the training hall after having our lunch.

As soon as we entered the cafeteria, I bumped into someone and when I steadied her, my mouth hung open.

"Siya"

Siya's POV

After having dinner in silence when Mohit was dropping us off to the guest house, he asked to no one in particular "how was your day?"

"It was fine, but very hectic" Kriti replied, dramatically.

He chuckled and said "get used to it princess. You'll now know how corporate job is."

"Yeah yeah" she said, dismissing.

"So how's your manager. Did you meet him? Or is it a girl?" he asked.

We both looked at each other, not sure what to say to Mohit. 

He glanced at us and asked "what happened? Is there any problem?"

I gave Kriti a nod.

"Bhaiya, we need to tell you something important" she said.

"What?" Mohit asked.

Gulping, she said "  you know our manager very well."

"What are you saying Kriti. You very well know I don't deal with IT sector then how would I know your manager?" he asked.

"He...he's Akash" she said looking down.

He just applied breaks suddenly and we could hear tires screeching.

"What?" he asked, more like shouted.

"Yes bhaiya and...Sid is also our manager" she said.

He started laughing like a maniac.