Chapter 41-Should I befriend her?

Start from the beginning

I don't want to be the reason for their fight and misunderstanding.

Thinking this, sleep engulfed me.

Next day, as usual we headed to our office in my car.

"So how are you going to make sure that Kriti reports to you and Siya reports to me?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Oh...so eager to get her under your wings?" he said grinning.

"Shut up. You are the one who's eager to take Kriti under your wings" I said and he smiled shyly.

"Oh my god, Sid you are blushing" I said pinching his cheeks.

"Shut up. I just want to be with her" he said.

"Finally" I said dramatically.

"But I am still not sure if she'll accept me" he sighed and said.

"Why wouldn't she accept you. If she has feelings for you she definitely will" I said.

"I know but I just feel like right now, being with her is the most important thing, rather than proposing her" he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked him getting confused.

"Nothing much, I am just thinking to befriend her, again and not propose her" he said.

"Why? You still love her right?" I asked him.

"Of course I love her and I'll always love her. She has and will always be a special part of my life. I always used to think about her but never had the courage to contact her, thinking about her reaction but after seeing her yesterday all my thought flew out of the window. But reality is that I think I still am not capable enough for her and I'll propose her for marriage only when I feel I am capable enough to face her family. Till then, I'll try to repair our broken friendship" he said.

"Okay...so once again there'll be late night chats?" I asked.

"Only if she's not that angry with me. You know her, her anger and the way I neglected her, her pleadings to talk to me" he said with a sad smile.

"You know what, I want her to torture you. I still remember the way she cried her eyes out on our farewell. She was begging you to talk to her and you like an idiot, made her cry. If she decides not to give you a chance, I'll be very happy and definitely I'll support her" I said.

"You're no less than her" he said muttering.

"I heard that" I said.

"It was meant to be heard" he said.

"Enough of about me and Kriti. What have you though about you and Siya?" he asked.

Sighing, I said "what about me and her? You know we aren't together."  

"I obviously know that. What I am asking is, do you want to befriend her?" he asked me.

"I...I don't think it's a good idea Sid" I said.

"Why?" he asked.

"You know the reason very well. She isn't mine anymore. Didn't you see her and Mohit and together yesterday? They were hugging each other" I said.

"So what?" he shrugged.

"I don't want to create any problems between the two and moreover it'd be better if I maintain safe distance from her" I said.

"Whatever it is Akash, you didn't let me talk to her when she broke up with you and I am still not satisfied with your abrupt breakup. I told this to you many a times to let me talk to her but you never allowed me. I told you many a times that there's something fishy but you didn't let me investigate" he said.