5. Leonhart's Pub

Y/N

Thank god I don't live in this time.

After hanging out with Mikasa and Hanji at the diner, all I knew was tiredness. From what Hanji concluded, time may have stopped in the future, also known as the present for me. There was also the possibility that time can be slowed down or it was still continuous. Regardless, after a day of activities, we decided to call it a day.

It wasn't until nearly 6 in the morning, where Mikasa shook me awake. Her black hair tickled my face, thus causing a whole sneeze to come out. "Bless you," she says, rolling her eyes. Swaying to some music on the phonograph, clothes from her direction get thrown at me.

Groaning as I get out of bed, I put on some gray trousers and a white blouse. As I slip on my shoes, Mikasa begins to hum along with the music. "Hey, Miki. What are we getting dressed for today?"

Making my bed, she replies swiftly. "Oh, we have to go to work."

"We?" I quizzed. In response, I gain a nod and a smile from the ravenette. Quickly eating breakfast, we walk down the pavement to the car and before I knew it, we were in front of a building.

The textbooks did not lie at all.

Starting to feel grateful for the way life is now in the future, I enthusiastically worked as the day dragged on. There were about 100 women on the 12th floor of the building, all hustling to get work done. We only had two 10 minute coffee breaks as we worked from 7 to 5. It was awfully hot. There was no air conditioning, no television playing in the background, no gossiping. It was absolute hell.

"Ow!" Whipping my hand back and forth after stabbing myself with a pin, Mikasa chuckles. "I better get enough money to eat at the diner. How much time we got left?"

Mikasa glances to her right, in which a big grandfather clock stood tall. "About 15 minutes. Just finish pinning those two items together. At least we work on this floor; the one upstairs is even more hot and sticky. Gross as well. They don't have lightbulbs and have kerosene lamps. Talk about hazards..."

Quickly pinning the fabrics before giving them to my best friend to create blouses known as "shirtwaists", I do three extra ones before the supervisor informs us that it's time to go home. I get the day's pay of roughly $2. From the 21st century, that would be extreme abuse of laborers. But the 1920s was a different story.

Running outside the now chilly evening to breathe fresh air, the two of us decided to head to Hanji's. Sitting down in the booth from yesterday, Mikasa whistles. "Yahoo! I'm coming!" Rapid footsteps are arriving and before you know it, there's a very cheeky smile on the crazed diner-scientist.

"Hey, you two!" I wave at them. "What can I get you?" After placing our order, Hanji goes to the counter to give the cooks the notepad before rushing over to us. "Any plans, if you guys are not that tired?"

I look over at Mikasa, who shrugs. "Eh, I took Y/N to work today. Personally, I need a nap. Though, I'm down for something later."

Playing with a napkin, I add my response. "Napping sounds great right now. After working for almost 10 hours, we deserve it. I'm down to do something after my nap."

Clapping their hands together, Hanji gives us a big grin. "Well, great! I'm almost done with my shift so I'm getting home to nap. Maybe pester my roommate, that is if he is there. Oh! Mikasa! Let's go tonight! It's Saturday! It would be perfect for Y/N!"

"Go where?" I asked. Mikasa shakes her head in disapproval.

"You know I don't like her, Hanji," Groaning, Mikasa buries her head in her arms.

"Order 37!"

Hanji stands up. "Coming! I'll be back guys."

I look over at Mikasa. "Who are you talking about?" Hanji rapidly places our food down, as Mikasa sulks getting a spoon.

"Annie isn't that bad! Just give it one more shot, Mikasa," Hanji pleads.

Sighing in defeat, Mikasa nods. "Fine, but only because it can be a way to get Y/N and me back to our time."

"Yahoo! You're not going to regret this! Y/N! Pick out the perfect dress; we are going all out tonight!"

•••

Linking our arms together, Hanji, Mikasa, and I step into the secret doorway.

From the other side of the door, a man asks for a password. "Oh, you know it's me, Hanji! Anyways. Maria, Rose, and Sina!" The door hesitantly opens up, and standing there is a blond man with some impressive eyebrows.

"Hanji, it's nice to see you like usual. Mikasa, I hope this time you aren't disappointed," the man gently speaks.

Mikasa mumbles something under her breath that I can't catch. The man's attention goes to me next. "Welcome to Leonhart's Pub. I'm Erwin Smith, pleased to make your acquaintance!" He lifts my hand gently, placing a kiss on the back of it.

"Y/N L/N. Pleased to make your acquaintance as well." Smiling at me, he leads us inside. There was just a scene before us. There had to be more than 200 people. You had people gambling in one corner, dancing in the middle, a band performing at another corner, a bar at the opposite of it, and tables all around. Hanji leads us to a table meant for 4 people, but it will make do.

Striking up conversations with everyone, Hanji was someone who was well recognized. Mikasa died of embarrassment inside. "All good, Miki?" I asked.

Taking a deep breath, she answers. "I hope today I don't get spotted. We should have went to the studio."

Rolling my eyes, I snort. "You're acting as if the mafia is coming for you or something. Just relax and-,"

"Welcome to Leonhart's Pub. You ladies looking for- Oh, hey Hanji. Mikasa and the new girl." Hearing the voice being so familiar, I place my attention on the hostess.

With her piercing blue eyes, along with her striking nose and luxurious blond locks, Annie Leonhart gives me a genuine smile.

No way was Mikasa beefing with Annie in the past. I remember how my best friend used to rant about how she just didn't like Annie for some reason, but I was always adamant about her giving the blonde a chance.

"I'm Y/N."

Her eyes widen a little bit. "Y/N who?"

Hanji answers happily. "Meet my new best friend, Y/N L/N!"

Annie stares at me. "Hold up. English 101 with Stroheim?" I nearly choked on my air at the unexpected statement. Hanji, confused at first, gathers the information together and a lightbulb goes off in their head. Mikasa, on the other hand, was surprised at the revelation.

"Shut up. So you do remember me?" Mikasa quizzes in shock.

Annie raises her hands in the air. "I didn't think you would remember me or anything!" I'm just sitting there as the three of them began to talk about how things were just so... bizarre.

Of course, now that there is someone else going through what Mikasa and I are going through, it wasn't a bad thing. Though, it just meant that things were going to get only weirder by the days passing by. Hanji explained to Annie about their theory of time, with Mikasa explaining the cursed wish, as Annie asks Mikasa why she would wish something like that in disapproval.

"I'm going to the bathroom," I announce. Though no one heard me, I just slipped away into the crowd as I made my way to the bathroom. Looking at my feet as I try not to fall from wearing these massive heels, I didn't see what was in front of me.

Or, to be more correct, who was in front of me.

"Tch. Watch where you're heading, brat."

Tempo || Levi Ackerman x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara