7. Swing Along

Y/N

"Deal."

I stand there, frozen in shock. Not expecting him to agree, I turn around to face the stoic man, with my dress skirt flowing along. "For real?"

He rolls his eyes. "Yes. Come on now, brat." He reaches for my hand, holding it gently. His slender, cold hand fits my smaller warm one perfectly. Before allowing dumb thoughts in my head, I proceed to listen to the man's instructions.

"I don't know much about this type of dancing. However, as I observed other people, I have an idea," he states. "You just need to devote yourself to it."

Levi does make a good point. I need to be open-minded. I need to devote myself to dancing.

I need to go back home.

After deciding that I have to prevent myself from getting Levi angry, I made sure to pay attention. "Are you familiar with the music of the 40s?"

I shake my head no. "Of course not, you brat." Getting ready to punch him, he grabs my fist. "Relax."

Respect me!

He lowers my hand before letting out a "Tch." Looking around me, I notice people are somewhat hopping around? Spinning around?

"I performed a song like this before in band class... is this swing?" I ask myself quietly.

As if he heard me, Levi nods his head. "Correct. Various dances are popular at this time. Some include single swing, also known as the Jitterbug. Triple swing, which is the American or East Coast Swing. We see this one around us, obviously because we are in Miami. You also have the Lindy Hop, the original swing. Did you get that?" He quizzes.

"Yes, sir!" I salute.

"We're not in the military, (L/N). Stop fooling around and let's get dancing," the instructor tells me. "Now, we will start doing the Lindy Hop."

As the piano plays a slow melody, the crowd around us dances at a slow pace. Levi starts to speak up once more. "Music is composed of many things. What makes a song danceable is its melody and beats. In Lindy Hop, we have several parts to create a fun moment. The first one is the rock step. Look at my feet and my body position."

The ravenette elegantly places his left foot behind his right. "I now have placed my weight on my front foot from the back. From here, we do triple steps. We move the weight back and forth, from left-right-left or right-left, right-left." He demonstrates the steps. I follow, almost trip, and avoided falling on the ground.

Embarrassed, I just crossed my arms and stood there, ready to give up. Levi glares at me. I sigh and try over and over again until I got my balance right. After a few more attempts, I was able to do the rock step and the triple steps.

"Better. Keep up with me. This is the final step in my simplified version of the Lindy Hop. We will do the swivel," he calmly tells me. He helps me plant one of my feet on the ground with my toes pointing outward. As I turn my toes inward, I was to pick up my other foot and shift my weight. Levi watches me repeat the step before I begin to put all three together.

"Not bad for a beginner. Let's do this together, shall we?" He asks, putting his slender hand out. I nodded, reaching out for his hand. From there, Levi leads me in place, repeating the three steps together. We do this for a while. In the background, I can hear Hanji squealing in excitement as they spins around with the doorkeeper, Erwin. At this, Levi grunts.

Someone bumps into me. I turn around to see Mikasa dancing with Annie. They both smirk at me, causing me to roll my eyes and become a little stiff. The man with the cold grey eyes notices my stiffness and brings me closer to him.