Chapter 3 Everything Went Dark (rewritten)

Start from the beginning

However, my brother thought that they were just old books, but not to me.

_________

My body kept twisting and turning, trying to go back to sleep, eventually I gave up. With a grunt, I gazed at the clock, 8:30 A.M.  Ugh, I mentally growled. I always woke up so damn early, I didn't know what was wrong with me, I couldn't sleep more than eight hours.

I stood up and walked to my bathroom. With slow, unexcited movements, I brushed my teeth and hair, washed my face and hands. I went down the stairs to the kitchen for breakfast. Prepared a small bowl of cereals and milk and ate it in front of the TV.

After the breakfast, I went up to my room to change my clothes. I always went out, so Mateo wouldn't see me and give me missions, but this time I was slower than usual. 

"Come to my office, Olivia. Now!" he screamed with his ugly voice. Mateo's voice fucked up my plans of getting out of the house, getting rid of his ass.

God, can't he speak instead of yelling at me all the time?

"I'm coming!" I screamed back.

"Idiot," I muttered under my breath as I made my way to his office. I barged into his office. He didn't even look up when I was in front of his desk when he talked.

"You're not going to live here anymore," he announced emotionlessly, calmly.

"What do you mean 'you are not going to live here anymore?'" I raised an eyebrow. 

"I am saying you don't live here anymore." He flipped through his papers calmly, still not looking at me.

"Who gave you the power to throw me out of the house, if I can ask?" I said through my gritted teeth as I walked closer to his desk.

"Last time I checked, this was my house," he reminded me.

"So, what? You're throwing me out of the house?" I clenched my fists, digging my nails into my palm.

"And last time I checked, I fucking helped you with your business, so you could keep this house."

"Do not fuck with me and fucking listen to me for once in your life!" He abruptly stood up. I backed away since I knew he could hit me any second. When I didn't reply, he took that as his sign to continue.

"I'm marring you off. Joseph Ainsley is going to be your husban—" he announced like it wasn't an absurd thing to say. 

"W-what?!" Why would I get married? The confusion paralysed me, barely letting me talk. 

"W-why the hell would I get married?"

"Because I made a deal with him. You, exchange for money," he admitted coldly with a smirk, not even embarrassed of the words that left his mouth or how crazy he sounded.

"You can't just marry me off like that!" I ferociously shouted at him. He could not rule over me like a fucking doll.

I have to get out of here!

"You're going to do as I say. I didn't ask for your opinion. He is going to come any minute. And don't even think about running away, I can guarantee you if you do, I'm going to beat you up so bad that you'll die faster than Anna," he threatened as he walked closer to me, he was so close now that I could smell his breath. For the first time in my entire life, he looked directly into my eyes. And the only thing I saw in his eyes was disgust and hatred. I didn't understand why he brought up her name in this. I hated him so much—no, the word hate wasn't enough to describe how I felt towards him.