9. Not ready for marriage

This chapter is dedicated to Hakimi for always believing in me, thank you for always being here.

The quaky sound of my alarm clock chimed in my ears, as I lazily tapped on the snooze button, to have a few more minutes with my bed, as it was the only comfort I had at that moment.

I didn't want to wake up to your hands have been given out for marriage.  I'm not marrying anyone, when Dad kept telling us to stay away from boys, that he doesn't want to see any guy's number in our phones, he'd provide anything we need to stay away from boys, that every guy was only coming closer to us to use and dump us like garbage.

I kept wondering what use and dump meant, and Mum will always say books before boys, or was it boys before books? Anyways I held on to their rules, as everyday I only strived for jannah, I never broke a rule.

Even though I met several suitors none of them seemed to be serious,  I needed someone to go extra miles for me, like someone that would trek to China for me, Alas I didnt get any serious one.

So I didn't really had a relationship, I was close to a few good guys and that was it.

I was only nineteen plus three months old, and trust me I was ready for no marriage, I don't even know how it feels like to have someone you call your own, and I am not going to skip that part, despite the heartbroken stories I've heard, I have promised myself to date, go through the pain and understand what it is, which I know will get me prepared for whatever it is that marriage holds.

The vibration of my phone that I didn't know I was laying on startled me.

"Who on earth calls this early!" I shouted.

I sucked my soft thin lips into my teeth and tapped on the call button with a growl "Who is this please?" With a hint of anger in my voice.

"Assalamualaikum sarabi of my kingdom. " a hoarse deep masculine voice, spoke.
"Wa'alaikum salam, and why are you calling me that? Of all kingdom,  its animal kingdom you want me to rule? Why are you calling this early and who are you?"  I spoke on my lungs, so the other person knows I didn't come to play.

"Oh I'm sorry dear, I meant no offense saying that, I just thought you deserved every beautiful name  mentioned on earth and the yet to me mentioned. "

"Okay please before you go on, I haven't prayed subhi, you should too."
Beep, I hung up on him.

Rolling my eyes for the umpteenth time, as I rushed to perform ablution, prayed raka'atanul fijr (the two sunnatic Nafila that's more than this world and everything it holds) and then I prayed subhi, never forgetting to pray about the situation at hand.

I was still laying on my praying mat when I felt soft hands drawing circles around my face...

Hey guys it's been a minute, a very short minute. Here's chapter nine, do well to read, comment, share, and tap on the little star button.

I'll try to drop chapter 10 later in the day. 😘😘

Nazy loves you.
Peace.✌