17. Ready set

Laila's POV...

I gently opened the door hoping for it not to creak, but it disappointed me, it did.

I smiled at Mum who was on the phone, she glared back at me as her lips pronounced a silent Waalaikum salam.

"Toh gaskiya yanzu haka (To be honest, for now,) twenty four karat yayi wuya(is scarce), but he said ten karrat will be available before August."

As she waved her hands in the air, talking gravely, in all her Hajjaju glory.

"Amma meyasa kuka sa bikin a (but why was the wedding fixed during) raining season. It would have been better end of the year, so everyone will make it."

"She's eager?" Yarinyar zaki biye wa? Please stop giving them room for stupidity how old is she?"

"Twenty three? Just twenty three and she's already eager, kai zamani kai,(oh this century!) well we got married at early ages, so ba komai, (it's nothing big) we'll get the gold before then, but you guys should see about the date."

She kept going on and on, as I have guessed the other person was Hajiya Fulera, her childhood friend whose daughter was preparing for marriage, and for God sake mum thinks twenty three is too young for marriage.

I then ignored their conversation, i wasn't eavesdropping though, she was speaking quite loud.

I then went straight to her large dressing mirror that came with her Italian bed in gold and black,  took some random selfies and made some boomerangs before she ended the call.

"Yes, Leila ya ne?( whats up?)"

"Amm, queen mother, so he asked me out on a date, and it's not like I want to go o, but I just don't know how to say No." I lied, I didn't know how to tell her about it as I haven't done that before, truth is, I was confused.

Stop beating about the Bush girl. My Subconscious spoke, right after i palmed my face.

"Learn to say No kinji (okay?) it's going to be useful,  and you have our permission, just don't forget your home training at home, or at least put them  in your bag okay, stay true to yourself and us too."

"Yes mummy ." I replied happily.

"Okay now get your calculator, let's start some business issues, or is it time for the date already?" She said as she roared with laughter.

"No mum, the date is on firday." I replied shyly.

We both laughed and went back to work.

...

Friday wasn't too far, and the choice of dress wasn't hard to get.

I brought out my carton brown plain silk leggings, plus a black turtleneck tank top, matching carton brown stilettos, not forgetting my beautiful black after dress Abaya.

In about thirty minutes I was already dressed, stepped into my leggings pulled up my heavy thick thighs, zipped up, tucked my shirt in and fasten the button, I applied some powder and a pink lip gloss that made my pink lips more pronounced,

threw the abaya on my shoulders, buttoned it half way, revealing my slim beautiful legs in leggings,  covered my hair with the black veil that came with the Abaya revealing my frontal hair that was gelled an hour before then.

Took my black Louis Vuitton hand bag and was set to leave.

I wondered why Dahma and janan didn't come to check up on me.

Seriously though are they still in that house?

Here's another chappie.
Vote, comment, share.

Nazy loves you!
Peace.✌